Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

In short lines I've been driving Ducatis for past 13 years starting from 848 to later 1098 which was significantly modified with time (Ohlins, rece Termignoni plus ECU etc...)

I've set my eyes on Gen5 Zx10RR which will be second hand.

I have spent a lot time time lately picking up all available infons online, watched a lot of tests which are available on YT. For some reason in all major superbike test new Zx10R/RR is always down on the list and is always last of Japanese big manufacturers.
Quite odd looking upon SBK results and all major motorcycle competitions.
Mainly biggest flaw is mid range response which i believe can be eliminated with exhauat upgrade (de cat) and reflash as bike is coming from box in Euro 4 norm.

I like RR due to its exclusivity 1000 pieces made world wide, already from factory comes with cool gadgets and upgraded parts such as Marchesini wheels which I feel in love throughout years spent with Ducati, comes only in black.
Mainly preset bike from factory, not much to play around or modify aside of exhaust,reflash, foot pegs and that should be all.

I think this week im parting my ways with 1098S and on quest to find RR

Hopefully I will find all available infos here concerning RR and some basic infos on upgrades.

In short lines thats all

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Beautiful bike but glad you're willing to explore new routes. You cant go wrong with the RR, its actually kinda funny i was just talking about this the other day on here about how much the zx10r goes over looked and how it always scores low on the comparisons because they're down like 15-20 hp with the restrictions (state side). I owned an rsv4 for a while after i had purchased my first 4th gen zx10r and though i loved the Ape i just couldn't help but appreciate the zx10r more. Once you get rid of the restrictions and gear it lower, it will melt your face off. Plus its still the only reliable 200+HP (crank) motor out there... Cheers, keep us updated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im from EU, more precisely Croatia so I have no clue if there is any more restrictions in models between EU and States.

Just to be sure im not making a wrong move I did a small test drive on Panigale 1299S with semi active suspension.
Bike looks stunning, sounds gorgeous, pulls mental but definitely sure now that RR is coming home soon.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts