Administrator
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
<sigh!> Kawasaki should change their motto to,
"Picking up yesterday's damaged goods for tomorrow's racing program."

Next thing you know Kawasaki will be scrounging around Honda and Yamaha's dumpsters for parts.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hey, I like Vermeulen. Maybe not a top of the grid gp guy, but at least he has some proven talent to qualify every race. Saying that he's bottom of the barrell would be to say the same of Hayden and Toseland - both great riders, maybe just not well suited to gp, or out-ridden in that series.

Hell, Kawi's race program can't get any WORSE.

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<sigh!> Kawasaki should change their motto to,
"Picking up yesterday's damaged goods for tomorrow's racing program."

Next thing you know Kawasaki will be scrounging around Honda and Yamaha's dumpsters for parts.
or maybe Ducati and Yamaha's dumpster :lol:

Just who will be pairing with Vermeulen is currently unknown but Sterilgarda Ducati rider Shakey Byrne and soon to be former Sterigarda Yamaha rider Tom Sykes have also been thought to be in discussions with the British team.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
or maybe Ducati and Yamaha's dumpster :lol:
Haha, nice. It's funny because the riders they are looking at have been outshined by their team mate.

Spies > Sykes
Barros > Vermuelen

Nothing against Vermuelen, as there were some great races when he was back with Ten Kate Honda. However, I think it's time for him along with Tamada to hang up his helmet. What Kawasaki needs is some new blood like a Lorenzo or a Simoncelli. Simoncelli's ride last week on the RSV4 was inspiring.

Byrne is a good rider, winning last years BSB superbike championship. Out of all the alternatives, I'd sooner see him with Kawi than the rest. This year he hasn't done that great in the WSB field, but his 1098R is no where the same development wise as the factory Xerox Ducati team.

Maybe not a top of the grid gp guy, but at least he has some proven talent to qualify every race. Saying that he's bottom of the barrell would be to say the same of Hayden and Toseland - both great riders, maybe just not well suited to gp, or out-ridden in that series.

Hell, Kawi's race program can't get any WORSE.

·
Registered
794 Posts
If Vermulen gets a good bike from Kawasaki he will do very well. Lets hope the 2010 Zed10R has the big bang engine and has a competitive chassis this time around.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
kawasaki- always looking for sloppy seconds. ill root for chris because he is riding for team green, but i think there's better out there.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
If Vermulen gets a good bike from Kawasaki he will do very well. Lets hope the 2010 Zed10R has the big bang engine and has a competitive chassis this time around.

How many times do we have to go over this, 2010 Kawi ZX10R is going to be the same fricking bike that 08-09 is, I hope I am eating crow on this, but will be shocked if I am wrong. We would have heard soemthing by now.

And, we will still be backmarkers, so it makes no difference. Shakey for sure ain't gonna do better on the 10R than he has on the 1098R, a bike he is used to, he won BSB on it in 08.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts