Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a link , I hope, to my 4th round of practice at The Ridge. Ive never been on this track and I havent been on a track since I retired in 1996. I improved my laptimes about 5 seconds a lap by end of day after this vid was made. I was given many compliments with people very suprised I hadnt been on a track since 96 nor this track, I love my 2016 ZX10R ...wicked fast, stops well and handles well !!

https://youtu.be/uuS1okIUidk

·
Registered
479 Posts
looking good... a little choppy on the throttle at times in the corners.. a reflash/tune may help with that.. no doubt your times would of been better minus the traffic. :thumbsup:

Reactions: mwasse

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Heres a link , I hope, to my 4th round of practice at The Ridge. Ive never been on this track and I havent been on a track since I retired in 1996. I improved my laptimes about 5 seconds a lap by end of day after this vid was made. I was given many compliments with people very suprised I hadnt been on a track since 96 nor this track, I love my 2016 ZX10R ...wicked fast, stops well and handles well !!

https://youtu.be/uuS1okIUidk
It's all about having fun and being respectful and you have those two things down. The rest will come with more track time.

Very smooth downshifts BTW, some of the vids I've seen, the down shifting is just appalling. ENJOY!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looking good... a little choppy on the throttle at times in the corners.. a reflash/tune may help with that.. no doubt your times would of been better minus the traffic. :thumbsup:
yes...the bikes been tuned flashed etc with Nels..but I am having a problem down low just on throttle and were gonna fix that for sure. some was also just me not going in hot enough and learning the track...this video was shot on only my 4 session, actually 3rd really because they black flagged me in group one for going too fast and bumped me too group two...after this vid they bumped me to group 3 fast group as well. thats where I was able to drop several seconds off and I know I can certainly drop more with more time. I had a a pretty succesful racing career in my early days and was glad it came back to me quick....but Im quite certain my balls are still not near as big as they used to be...lol...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice riding! How are you doing Mike? I recognize the key fob. This is Kris We met at Nels shop couple weeks ago. That looks like a lot of fun.
Hey dude,.,thank you...,how goes it ? Im doin well, still high from the weekend at the track. fun fun !! Pretty sure Im gonna get back into racing soon. Oh how I miss it. How you liking your bike ?

·
Registered
966 Posts
yes...the bikes been tuned flashed etc with Nels..but I am having a problem down low just on throttle and were gonna fix that for sure. some was also just me not going in hot enough and learning the track...this video was shot on only my 4 session, actually 3rd really because they black flagged me in group one for going too fast and bumped me too group two...after this vid they bumped me to group 3 fast group as well. thats where I was able to drop several seconds off and I know I can certainly drop more with more time. I had a a pretty succesful racing career in my early days and was glad it came back to me quick....but Im quite certain my balls are still not near as big as they used to be...lol...
You have a slip on, cat delete, and filter? Curious how your tuning turns out as I'll do all but the filter and was hoping she'd purr like a kitten after.. Awesome bike for sure and congrats on getting back in the saddle

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey dude,.,thank you...,how goes it ? Im doin well, still high from the weekend at the track. fun fun !! Pretty sure Im gonna get back into racing soon. Oh how I miss it. How you liking your bike ?
I'm good, thanks. Loving the beast. Been riding the hell out of it. im loading it up behind the WRX this morning and heading for Idaho/Montana to do some riding for 5-6 days. I'd love to ride it on a track but being the only bike I've got running right now I'm scared of crashing and not having anything to ride. Maybe next year I'll tag along and you can teach me the rules and some track etiquette. Great to hear your having a blast. Keep the vids coming.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have a slip on, cat delete, and filter? Curious how your tuning turns out as I'll do all but the filter and was hoping she'd purr like a kitten after.. Awesome bike for sure and congrats on getting back in the saddle
Thank you !! it was fun after 2 decades away from racing but nice to see I havent lost all my balls....lol was told I turned impressive laptimes for first time on the track..
Filter ? not sure what your seein ? What Ive done, 3/4 cat delete yosh Apha pipe, Graves Smog block off plates, Woolich tuned ...stock was 165 rwhp...tuned is 192 rwhp ...tuned by Nels at 2wheeldynoworks. Hes awesome . The bike handles amazing...incredible brakes...front end is awesome...so easy to push through and slide predictably...Im sure more will be revealed as I get more track time on here. Keep me posted what you do with yours, always nice to hear info from others too :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm good, thanks. Loving the beast. Been riding the hell out of it. im loading it up behind the WRX this morning and heading for Idaho/Montana to do some riding for 5-6 days. I'd love to ride it on a track but being the only bike I've got running right now I'm scared of crashing and not having anything to ride. Maybe next year I'll tag along and you can teach me the rules and some track etiquette. Great to hear your having a blast. Keep the vids coming.
Will do,,,have a great trip ...sounds fun !! Best thing about the track is of course the controlled environment...much safer to play safe there than on the street. If you go out there and not ride over your head, chances are you will keep it up on 2 wheels. just gotta be cautious of other riders but the instructors and control riders are pretty good at keeping an eye on and pulling off those which need addressing to ride safer. Take care bro, summers not over yet..we will ride one day !

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thank you !! it was fun after 2 decades away from racing but nice to see I havent lost all my balls....lol was told I turned impressive laptimes for first time on the track..
Filter ? not sure what your seein ? What Ive done, 3/4 cat delete yosh Apha pipe, Graves Smog block off plates, Woolich tuned ...stock was 165 rwhp...tuned is 192 rwhp ...tuned by Nels at 2wheeldynoworks. Hes awesome . The bike handles amazing...incredible brakes...front end is awesome...so easy to push through and slide predictably...Im sure more will be revealed as I get more track time on here. Keep me posted what you do with yours, always nice to hear info from others too :)
I just assumed you were running a race filter since you're riding track. Most guys here seem to. I'm mostly street so the bugs and shit make me keep oem. The bike does handle tremendously IMO

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just moved to Spokane. I have not met anyone with sportbikes. I wouldnt mind meeting up for a ride as long as the roads are twisty. Im trying to find better roads. If your in the spokane or idaho area this saturday pm me.

-Larry

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Retail jobs man.
excuses excuses!

I just moved to Spokane. I have not met anyone with sportbikes. I wouldnt mind meeting up for a ride as long as the roads are twisty. Im trying to find better roads. If your in the spokane or idaho area this saturday pm me.

-Larry
there's a lotta great riding in spokane. google maps is your friend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
excuses excuses!

there's a lotta great riding in spokane. google maps is your friend.

Believe me I been searching. I came from CA, Most of the back forest roads are paved. couple rides I mapped in spokane turned out to dirt roads and I had to turn back. ..

I will likely ride this this tomorrow, if anyone wants to join me Pm me. I am out of the house about 7am and hopefully be back by 3. With breaks and lunch. . Not may sport bike riders I see here that wears leathers. Hope to find some riding buddies. 300 miles plus we have to ride a decent pace. https://goo.gl/maps/A16Yt6u52aJ2

Id like to join Kllongbrake. On route 12 in idaho. But afraid its too much slabbing for 1 day. I may make it an over nighter next month or before it gets too cold and road closes. I rode 600 mile days in canyons its possible but, I to kinda enjoy the ride. fast pace mixed with mild.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Believe me I been searching. I came from CA, Most of the back forest roads are paved. couple rides I mapped in spokane turned out to dirt roads and I had to turn back. ..

I will likely ride this this tomorrow, if anyone wants to join me Pm me. I am out of the house about 7am and hopefully be back by 3. With breaks and lunch. . Not may sport bike riders I see here that wears leathers. Hope to find some riding buddies. 300 miles plus we have to ride a decent pace. https://goo.gl/maps/A16Yt6u52aJ2

Id like to join Kllongbrake. On route 12 in idaho. But afraid its too much slabbing for 1 day. I may make it an over nighter next month or before it gets too cold and road closes. I rode 600 mile days in canyons its possible but, I to kinda enjoy the ride. fast pace mixed with mild.
pnwmoto.com is locals. when you hit chewelah, hang a right over flowery trail road, or aladdin outta colville. or try south of pullman and coeur d'alene, rattlesnake south of lewiston, down backside of enterprise etc. north idaho has fun stuff too, or go south to lolo pass. lotsa variety. or play around in okanogan county, plenty of fun up north too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts