Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Freddy, does your arrow or graves system come in contact with the bellypan on the bottom where the headers start bending towards the rear of the bike? I've got the full ti arrow system on mine and it touched the sharskinz lower, getting around now to installing a carbonin set and they touch as well! I got by with installing a bit of exhaust heat shield material on the sharkskinz but it still burned through because of the nonexistant clearance. I'm thinking I should scrap the arrow system and go to an akrapovic..

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hey Freddy, does your arrow or graves system come in contact with the bellypan on the bottom where the headers start bending towards the rear of the bike? I've got the full ti arrow system on mine and it touched the sharskinz lower, getting around now to installing a carbonin set and they touch as well! I got by with installing a bit of exhaust heat shield material on the sharkskinz but it still burned through because of the nonexistant clearance. I'm thinking I should scrap the arrow system and go to an akrapovic..
That's kind of a known issue. Many types of bodywork out there simply don't have enough clearance, as many performance exhaust systems are designed to take up more room and use up the vertical space and hit the lower. What people have been doing is taking their lowers to a carbon fiber shop/fiber class to have them extended down ever so slightly. It seems like a cheaper way than to change exhaust systems. Akrapovic system should fit the Carbonin lower as it is more compact but I'm not 100% sure. Hot Bodies have enough room for any exhaust out there. I am curious if Armour Bodies is designed better as well?

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's kind of a known issue. Many types of bodywork out there simply don't have enough clearance, as many performance exhaust systems are designed to take up more room and use up the vertical space and hit the lower. What people have been doing is taking their lowers to a carbon fiber shop/fiber class to have them extended down ever so slightly. It seems like a cheaper way than to change exhaust systems. Akrapovic system should fit the Carbonin lower as it is more compact but I'm not 100% sure. Hot Bodies have enough room for any exhaust out there. I am curious if Armour Bodies is designed better as well?
Thanks, sharkskinz themselves isn't too far from me, maybe I can have them repair the set I got from them as well as modify the carbonin lower. I had a spare set of armour bodies laying around but I never got around to fitting it before I sold it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks, sharkskinz themselves isn't too far from me, maybe I can have them repair the set I got from them as well as modify the carbonin lower. I had a spare set of armour bodies laying around but I never got around to fitting it before I sold it.
Catalyst Composites may also have room for aftermarket exhausts, I would double check though.

I had a gen4 with a gen4 full akra ti system. Knowing that fairings are interchangeable between generations, I put Carbonins on it and it cleared with maybe a finger width underneath. So yay for Akra boys. I mean, clearly Carbonins were designed with a few types of exhausts in mind. I doubt that it's just Akra. What else do they run in Europe? Arrow is big, Spark...

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,572 Posts
I have AB on mines with a short canister with no issues.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,572 Posts

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
SuperBikeUnlimited: I think I'll make the trip to Tally next weekend, just to see this bike first hand. Also saw the YouTube with Freddy explaining the time crunch you guys are under, good luck!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Thank you!

To answer your questions, our exhaust DOES touch the belly without a spacer. We now run a 7mm spacer where it mounts to relieve this.

The videos with Freddy are about our 2019 bike. It's another animal! We're going to make a new post about that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thank you!

To answer your questions, our exhaust DOES touch the belly without a spacer. We now run a 7mm spacer where it mounts to relieve this.

The videos with Freddy are about our 2019 bike. It's another animal! We're going to make a new post about that.
So you run a spacer where the midpipe mounts to the frame? I'll try combing through your pictures to see if i can spot it. Although I don't understand how it would help the clearance issue with the header pipe coming into contact with the lower (if your clearance problem is the same as mine)

61 - 74 of 74 Posts