Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Max, I'm from Moscow. I have a ninja zx10r 2006. I am experiencing problems with the front brakes - there is free travel of the master brake cylinder, about 1 / 3, then the brakes are working perfectly! but go with the free lift - very bad. Before this bike I had zx9r - there was exactly the same problem. At its zx10r I changed the brake master cylinder 16mm to 19mm of gold Nissin Racing. Replacing virtually to nothing lead. I pumped the brakes with different methods - traditional and hydraulic.

Prompt, from what I can put the calipers on my 2006 ZX10R? Which bikes they fit?
And just tell me what calipers fit on brembo monoblock? Such suit - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brembo-Monoblock-Universal-108mm-calipers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439cf11393QQitemZ290395853715QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories # ht_1222wt_939?

And if you know how to fix the family carriage, and that thereafter there was no free movement of handle brake master cylinder - tell me that too!

Regards, Maxim
From Russia with love! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
774 Posts
wtf's a family carriage?:lol:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60215 Read this!!
Swapping out the stock Tokico brake calipers with Nissin calipers from a ZX-14 or CBR is the best way to eliminate this. The CBR Nissin calipers are a direct bolt on, the ZX14 nissin calipers require a spacer to bolt up correctly. I picked up a set of 2010 ZX-10R stock calipers that are ALOT better than the 04-07 calipers. Nissin calipers are even better. Ebay sometimes has them used cheap but they sell quick because everyone knows about the Nissin swap now. use to cost $50 for a pair but now go for $150.

Hello! My name is Max, I'm from Moscow. I have a ninja zx10r 2006. I am experiencing problems with the front brakes - there is free travel of the master brake cylinder, about 1 / 3, then the brakes are working perfectly! but go with the free lift - very bad. Before this bike I had zx9r - there was exactly the same problem. At its zx10r I changed the brake master cylinder 16mm to 19mm of gold Nissin Racing. Replacing virtually to nothing lead. I pumped the brakes with different methods - traditional and hydraulic.

Prompt, from what I can put the calipers on my 2006 ZX10R? Which bikes they fit?
And just tell me what calipers fit on brembo monoblock? Such suit - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brembo-Monoblock-Universal-108mm-calipers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439cf11393QQitemZ290395853715QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories # ht_1222wt_939?

And if you know how to fix the family carriage, and that thereafter there was no free movement of handle brake master cylinder - tell me that too!

Regards, Maxim
From Russia with love! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
2007 zx6,all zx14 and contours as well will be a direct bolt up..no spacers and will fix yer brk prob..Chk ebay(approx $150 usd per pair)..Dont buy ebc hh pads either cause they squeel like a pig at low speed brakeing...No need for brembos unless you got $$ fallen outta yer pockets..Do a complete fluid flush too and adding some steel braded brake lines as well..BIG difference,trust me..

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Completely wrong advice - again and again. The number of loose cannons on this site that have changed calipers must be reaching Mt. Everest proportions by now. It's a plunger depth issue - and/or crap bleeding skills.

Check this thread starting from here:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95251&highlight=shoginator&page=2

Should we have Sticky?
Yes, do a sticky so all those members that have done the Nissin swap and report a night and day difference can be told it's just a placebo effect. You are the only one that seems to be a loose cannon around here anymore with all the hostility in your posts. How about rather than giving attitude you just give advice. That's all I was trying to do. I know for a fact the 2010 calipers I put on work better than the factory 2007 calipers I took off do. Explain again how the Nissin calipers are not better than the 04-07 Tokico calipers are. Also explain why the 08-10 Tokico calipers aren't better than the 04-07 Tokico calipers are. If you say it's an internal caliper part Then I would agree with that but not you being loose cannon. Advice , opinions, and facts should be given not freakin attitude. Talk to your kids like that but not an adult. This will be the only time I respond publicly to a post like yours. I deal with enough employees at work that don't know how to communicate like an adult and bitch and whine that I can't stand it anymore.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Completely wrong advice - again and again. The number of loose cannons on this site that have changed calipers must be reaching Mt. Everest proportions by now. It's a plunger depth issue - and/or crap bleeding skills.

Check this thread starting from here:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95251&highlight=shoginator&page=2

Should we have Sticky?
I have read your post on the other thread and it all makes sense but I still prefer doing the swap to Nissin calipers and braided lines because they are so much easier to bleed in a pinch. It is funny to me how if the Tokicos are such good calipers and the problem is the plunger depth in the master cylinder then why did my free travel disappear when I installed the lines and new calipers without adding a shim in the master cylinder?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, do a sticky so all those members that have done the Nissin swap and report a night and day difference can be told it's just a placebo effect. You are the only one that seems to be a loose cannon around here anymore with all the hostility in your posts. How about rather than giving attitude you just give advice. That's all I was trying to do. I know for a fact the 2010 calipers I put on work better than the factory 2007 calipers I took off do. Explain again how the Nissin calipers are not better than the 04-07 Tokico calipers are. Also explain why the 08-10 Tokico calipers aren't better than the 04-07 Tokico calipers are. If you say it's an internal caliper part Then I would agree with that but not you being loose cannon. Advice , opinions, and facts should be given not freakin attitude. Talk to your kids like that but not an adult. This will be the only time I respond publicly to a post like yours. I deal with enough employees at work that don't know how to communicate like an adult and bitch and whine that I can't stand it anymore.
Well, if was that simple and I wouldn't keep getting emaiils on the subject - as well as getting, "but this should work" and "how bout this?" Then one gets fed up and tries to either ignore or say "I'm out of that thread from this point forward" and get more mail about that. If it sounded like I was talking down to you like a child - know that was not my intent at all. Plain and simple, if someone who did the swap really saw a positive difference, it was because trapped air, fresh fluid or even a bad caliper was swapped out - along with cleaner newer pads and a host of other things that can add up to a "HUGE IMPROVEMENT". The number of people that believe something to be true has nothing to do with reality. In new or rebuilt condition, the 4-pad Tokico calipers are very hard to beat (other than monoblocks).

The 4-pad was replaced by the two pad for cost reasons as well as having a gentler initial bite that had some riders more comfortable with the two pad design. Brembo still makes and sells many 4 pad calipers due to some riders wanting the less gentle feel of them.

What's amazing is how great these brakes were when the bike was new, then somehow over time, the parts must have been crap from the factory because when I put these on with new fluids and pads and such - WOW!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts