Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some drag sprockets so I can start drag racing again. I bought the 16f/42r. I wanted renthal but they were on back order so I got the vortex. I also have the 3 position lowering links from schnitz. I will hopefully get a chance to put it all together this weekend and get to test and tune on sunday. I don't know about using the nos with this gearing until I get used to it but I may change my mind after a few runs. My brother and I are also trying to get a few riders together for a track day at summit point. But as to when I don't know. If any one has tried this gearing please post your results if you don't mind. I am just trying to get an idea of the potential. thanks. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I have the 16f/41r and I launch at 10k rpm. When the bike is lowered, it won't bring the front end up at all. Kinda don't like the gearing on the highway. I might change to a 40r when I get my nitrous.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1killer1liter said:
I have the 16f/41r and I launch at 10k rpm. When the bike is lowered, it won't bring the front end up at all. Kinda don't like the gearing on the highway. I might change to a 40r when I get my nitrous.
thanks.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You also have an extended swingarm. I'm assuming maze does not. I don't either. I like using my bike for a commuter and in the corners at about 100+. Can't do that with an extended arm.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'm running stock gear and I ran a guy with 15/39 and I killed him off the line.
He was also lowered and I'm stock ride height..all that gear is only good if you can use it..the tall stock gear is actually nice to combat the wheelies but admittingly harder on the clutch.
I have a 40 tooth on the way but am not sure if I'll use it or not??

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That's why I race at the strip - dead stop to wfo. No roll ons, I know I would lose to most.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
1killer1liter said:
That's why I race at the strip - dead stop to wfo. No roll ons, I know I would lose to most.

yea we raced from a dead stop . thats where i really left him. :wink: read the post.
I haven't had my ten to the track yet.

I kept my front end on the ground and I'm not sure what he was doing back there but after we ran he told me that he was putting a 16 tooth sprocket back on.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Knowing what I know I'd bet I can run a 9.90 at stock ride height. One of these days I'll get to the track and try and do it. :cool:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That's an impressive time for stock height. I'm hoping for 9.9 with the bike lowered and strapped.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
1killer1liter said:
That's an impressive time for stock height. I'm hoping for 9.9 with the bike lowered and strapped.
well thats my guesstimate but I don't really feel the bike wheelies that easily. so if I can keep it down I think I can hit my mark.
I'll have to wait and see though.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
1killer1liter said:
You also have an extended swingarm. I'm assuming maze does not. I don't either. I like using my bike for a commuter and in the corners at about 100+. Can't do that with an extended arm.
i drive my bike all over.i took it to my cabin up north which is 196 mile each way.dont think i just pull this thing out to race.i drive it everywhere i can.if your into drag racing why dont you get a bolt on extended swingarm like i got so you can go back to stock in less than 25 minutes.100mph thats all i drive on the highway. the handling is not bad.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
eric said:
i drive my bike all over.i took it to my cabin up north which is 196 mile each way.dont think i just pull this thing out to race.i drive it everywhere i can.if your into drag racing why dont you get a bolt on extended swingarm like i got so you can go back to stock in less than 25 minutes.100mph thats all i drive on the highway. the handling is not bad.
I like to put my bike back to stock height after racing. extended arm + stock height = ghey.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
busaforhire said:
well thats my guesstimate but I don't really feel the bike wheelies that easily. so if I can keep it down I think I can hit my mark.
I'll have to wait and see though.
I think 15f is too much. It also depends on rider ability and experience. The reason it doesn't come up easy is because you have stock gearing.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
eric said:
you take the extensions off and go back to stock.they bolt right off.
Too much of a hassle for me. I hate having to lower the bike and take the mirrors off once a month.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eric said:
you take the extensions off and go back to stock.they bolt right off.
Where do I get those. I have been thinking about doing it latley but I want to be able to go back to stock easily if needed. Any info would be great thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts