Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of re-gearing the bike for the strip. Just curious what you all think. Its an 06 10r, that wont be ridden much on the street. Right now its just lowered, but extensions are on the way if that matters. I was thinking of going -1 in the front and +2 in the rear. Let me know if this is good gearing or if I should change it, thanks.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
How much do you weigh? :dontknow:

·
Registered
311 Posts
i'm 195 pounds what you think about 15 / 38 , lowerd and strapped, with air shifter , stock wheel base

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
At 195lbs and SWB 15/40 would prolly do good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Ahh duh. Is there any benefit to keeping a swb than going long other than being easier to ride on the street?
Stock WheelBase. :mrgreen: SWB is just more of a challenge and when you run better numbers than a bunch of stretched bikes it makes it that much sweeter. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Kenny are you only competing in two classes this year? I haven't had a chance to check the leaderboard lately.... you still running up top?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
At 195lbs and SWB 15/40 would prolly do good. :thumbsup:
kenny, im 175 myself w a 15/38 on w a 1.5 drop on my stock wheel base 04. keeping those settings and other than straps what gearing do you recommend for my 1/4 mile set up?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
kenny, im 175 myself w a 15/38 on w a 1.5 drop on my stock wheel base 04. keeping those settings and other than straps what gearing do you recommend for my 1/4 mile set up?
When I was running my 04 stock motor and slammed on the ground 15/39 was the gear I ran. I weigh 145lbs suited.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Kenny are you only competing in two classes this year? I haven't had a chance to check the leaderboard lately.... you still running up top?
Yeah bro. Extended my points lead in SuperSport with another win in Memphis and fell back to 5th in Street ET points.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
damn so thats what you ran low 9s with? was it stretched or just pure seat time that kept it down?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
damn so thats what you ran low 9s with? was it stretched or just pure seat time that kept it down?
I've never owned a stretched bike bro. :mrgreen:
On my 04 10R SS legal I was geared 16/39
On my 06 10R SS legal I was geared 17/39

1 - 20 of 25 Posts