Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about a WR250X. What do you think? I have ridden one and like it, solely for backroads. I like the DRZ, but the WR has fuel injection and looks a lot better (to me). Given that some of you are very opinionated (like me), this should be interesting and hopefully helpful.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
dont know anything about it so i cant give u an opinion. however i can say go with the blue one ha

·
Registered
987 Posts
im anti suzki deff go with the wr

·
Registered
58 Posts
i had a drz400s. that was an awesome bike. i sold it and kicked myself in the ass so bad. i couldnt take not having another dual sport so i just got a xt350. no where near the drz but loads cheaper (just dont have the $$ for another toy so i settled).... the drz is an awesome bike and remember that they do have the green one... the klx400s.... it will hang the front wheel in all 5 gears and they top out just at 100. not the safest feeling at that speed anyways.

i had a guy on a full dress harley pass me on the turnpike one day... i jumped on it a kept up w/ him at 100. he was looking in hte mirrors and beating his hands on the bars to the music harder and harder the faster we went. i was laughing my butt off w/ my orange furred out mx helmet on!

the 400 will just beat a stock 05 mustang gt 5 speed till 70.... so not bad for 32 hp.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I work at a kawi shop and we have a 08 WR 250 X trade-in and it is definitely faster than the 09 klx 250 & 250s. I think Yamaha also makes a super moto 250 as well. Yes we did compare side by side and swaped riders many times and the WR is faster with any rider.

·
Registered
68 Posts
NO DO NOT GET THE APRILIA!!!!!! i worked for an aprilia dealer for 3 years. its a kickass bike but it needs the top end completely rebuilt by around 1k miles and not really any mechanics can really do everything right. i worked for barneys st.pete and we had dealers like deland and motorsports of miami shipping their customers motors to us because we had a guy who actually knew what he was doing. personally id go with the WR i had a DRZ it was fun but to heavy the WR is more nimble and is just as fast.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No way on the Aprilia. I had one Aprilia, and that was enough for a lifetime (great when it was working, which was about half of the time). I'm still leaning heavily toward the Yami, it just seems like a great little bike for what I want it for. Something about being able to ride a bike like you stole it, and still rarely be in the arrest me category of tickets. They started arresting folks in my area for speeds in the mid-high 120's (or, 2nd gear for our bikes...). I just finished my first day of riding in eastern Oregon, pretty good riding out here.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, she is sitting out back right now! A black 2009 WR250X. Even though I was babying her, she is still a fun ride. Pretty much got rid of the right chicken strip and most of the left in the ride home. Clearly not a highway bike, but a truly fun backroad bike! I'll do a pipe and PC-III at the 600 mile service. The big shock was the insurance, I expected it to be cheap, but it was only about 35% of what I was paying for the 919, damn near free!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You probably wouldn't have been wrong either way. I know excatly what you mean about ride the crap out of it and still not go to jail. Now for the obiglatory "post some pics".

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You probably wouldn't have been wrong either way. I know excatly what you mean about ride the crap out of it and still not go to jail. Now for the obiglatory "post some pics".
No real need for pics at the moment. She is a stock 2009 in black. I did remove all the stickers, rear pegs, and reflectors...... if that helps... maybe after the pipe.......

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I'm late but congrats.

I have a blue 08 WR250R and love it. I hit trails with it but even in dual sport form it is pretty fun on the street.
It does fine at 70 GPS and will hit 90 or better stock but obviously not quickly.

It's fun to ride a slow bike fast instead of a fast bike slowly ya know.

Big info thread at ADV
http://www.advrider.com/forums/usercp.php
It has other links to WRR/X info like http://www.wrrdualsport.com/ and wheeling cycle supply.
I am waiting on a 3.5 gallon plastic tank from just gas tanks, made in Australia and comes in black too.

Actually, you can pull off a lot of off road on street tires, did it on my Buell Uly and a couple of beater sport bikes.

Here is mine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts