Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions sought on Akra exhaust with or without "akra" stickers.. photos inside

I installed these pipes last week and was very cautious to clean the pipes off with WD-40 prior to firing it up for the first time. I happened to get a little WD-40 on the edges of both stickers and the ends began to lift immediately. I thought that once I warmed up the pipes the sticker would re-adhere to the pipe but no luck. I am a perfectionist so it was bothering me. I took off both stickers after much deliberation. There is now 6" of snow on the ground so the bike is away till spring but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on whether or not to go with the stickers or without them.

I like the way they look both ways and plan to clean the pipes often with WD40 so if I were to replace the stickers they could lift like the original ones did.

Let me know what you guys think- PICS of yours would be appreciated too!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I will almost always say go without. I wish everything I bought came with the stickers in the box so I could choose whether or not I wanted them plastered all over my stuff. I am a big fan of clean and un-advertised so again I say go without. It doesn't look bad with them on.....just better with them off.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
With stickers, but the new style Akra logo's the old ones look dated.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Put the stickers on. The stickers blend in with the colors of the bike.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I'm with Pearl. Looks good w/o stickers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I like the stickers on. My opinion though. I have the new style stickers on my Akra.
I like the swirls on the lisence plate in the last pic too! lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
iv'e had same issue!factory sticker started peeling,so took then off,got new version square shaped ones,cleaned with petrol,warmed up engine,put them on used a little pressure with a rag,next day started engine and got cans hot,bit more pressure and left for a couple days...2000miles it france:pEELING OFF!!GOT THESE NOW..and thats how its staying..(had same issue with my last bike..)

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
hard to say since the outdoor pics with them on obviously look better than the indoor crappy light pics with them off:2cents:

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
I think they look better on but if you're going to clean it w/ WD40 then it wouldn't make any sense to put them back cuz there's a good chance it will peel off again.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Get a set of the new stickers! That's what I did.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I personally think all exhaust's require the sticker simply because it becomes to dull and blended. Also starts looking like manufactor's have taste as it kind of looks stock. Plus I wanna know how much you spent just by looking at it lol.

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
I personally think all exhaust's require the sticker simply because it becomes to dull and blended. Also starts looking like manufactor's have taste as it kind of looks stock. Plus I wanna know how much you spent just by looking at it lol.
HAHA. I gotta :+1: that.

MagicMavis, you are the man! I don't see many people looking out for each other like that. This is ZX-10R.net! It's a brotherhood! I love this forum!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
iv'e only ever used pukka akro ones too,but they always end up peeling!whats the best thing to kleen titanium without harming the stickers??(ive spent roughly $70 in the last three years on proper akro stickers and they have allways started to peel sooner or later.):idea:,must be because iv'e been useing wd40!!!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
does anyone have the exhaust sticker on the windscreen like the motogp bikes???

I just can't get into the windscreen stickers for some reason. I did not even like the MRA stickers on my screen, even though the Moto GP bikes have the same stickers, it looks cleaner without them.
And I usualy leave the stickers on the high end parts just because I don't want to be answering a thousand questions Lol.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
iv'e only ever used pukka akro ones too,but they always end up peeling!whats the best thing to kleen titanium without harming the stickers??(ive spent roughly $70 in the last three years on proper akro stickers and they have allways started to peel sooner or later.):idea:,must be because iv'e been useing wd40!!!

I used WD-40 on mine the original stickers and the new ones and never had a issues. Just how much Wd-40 are you putting on?

YOu don't need more than a little bit sprayed on a microfiber (not directly on the can)

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
With. If not you could have gotten a generic can.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts