Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, i know quite a bit about bikes and do ALL my maintenance/tear down/ rebuild myself. But i have a constant steady shake in my front wheel and i dont wanna pay a dealer for a diognosis. While im cruising around 80mph/highway speeds i get a condtant steady vibration in my front wheel and its extremly consistent like it does it everytime at a certian spot. But when i hit over 100+ the shake goes away. I know its not my forks cuz i got the internals replaced by a shop and forks resealed etc etc. So im debating between just a worn out front tire or wheel bearings starting to fry...please chime in if you know anything or had similar problems.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,083 Posts
Front tire? Out of balance maybe? Check your suspension settings to insure they are the same for each fork. Good luck.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
maybe but the wheel bearings are more likely along with it your front tire/rim not being balance ect.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,083 Posts
Could it also be that i cud have the axle bolt to tight?
Im not sure about that one. There is a manual for your bike posted here on the site. It is EXTREMELY valuable for a DIY guy. I would suggest you download and print it. I know its long but its gonna be worth it to you to have. The manual lists the recomended ft./lbs. of torque for nearly everything on the bike. You can check there and see what the factory recommends and have a manual for future use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts