Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious about them, they seem really cheap.

does anyone have any experience with them running street? just ordinary street riding, nothing crazy.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have them on my ten and like them as far as traction goes for drag racing. My shinko u004 i believe is very very flat and dont have much of a taper to the sides. (basicaly looks like a U shape) Its just okay as far as corning goes in my opinion but then again im not dragging knee either. My riding partner has the shinko u003 i believe and its made for the strip. His tire is more rounded so he doesnt complain at all as far as the cornering capability goes for his tire. The tire has excellent traction and is cheap compared to others. I would buy them again because of the price. Hope this helps and make sure you look at the tire and give it your own opinion based on looks.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
My ex brother in law ran them on his zx6 and never complained or crashed.:dontknow:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I put the raven on my 10. I mostly do drag and touring/commuting so the added tire life is what I was looking for. even though the raven is the sport tour tire it is sticky as hell at the strip.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right on, after thinking about it.. i dont think my street riding really warrants sticky tires so i think running something like a BT020 or Diablo Strada is my best bet.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I have never used them but a friend put a set of their slicks on his road race bike and he said that he could never get them to hook up. He thought the DOT Pirellis, Metzlers (virtually same as Pirelli) and Michelins were all far better than the Shenko slicks.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have never used them but a friend put a set of their slicks on his road race bike and he said that he could never get them to hook up. He thought the DOT Pirellis, Metzlers (virtually same as Pirelli) and Michelins were all far better than the Shenko slicks.
i've got a friend w/ a 05 zx10r and he's only had one problem w/ them, and that was a pretty bad tankslaper b/c he had a shinko drag radial on back and a dunlop on front. also he didnt have to do a long burnout to get them to hook up

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i've got a friend w/ a 05 zx10r and he's only had one problem w/ them, and that was a pretty bad tankslaper b/c he had a shinko drag radial on back and a dunlop on front. also he didnt have to do a long burnout to get them to hook up
LOL yeah, the tank slapper was probably because of the Dunlop.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The 002 ultra soft is fine for drag racing. They stick pretty good but not the best. I use them when I dont want to spend much money and want a pretty descent tire. If you on a real budget.....they're fine, but if you have the money to spend get a better tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts