Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need to know pros and cons on some icon timax titanuim gloves that am interested on buying from some one local, thanks in advance :dontknow: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
i had a pair of the old ones in black, saved my palms a couple of times. they look badass too. i wish i could get another pair, they were my fav gloves.

·
Registered
758 Posts
There's a very good proven reason why pro ryders use racing gear like alpinestars, dainese, and joe rocket gloves that still have their hands after fawked up spillz. I don't know any pro ryders who use Icon and I only trust the best gears on the market with my body parts. But hey that's just my 2cents!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I don't know about the new ones, the the firsst generation of TiMax gloves were awesome. They were nice and warm, comfortable, and absolutely pavement resistant. I've crashed several pairs, several times.... the only thing that I didn't like were the rivits on the palms... can make for ugly scratches and tend to tear during faster crashes.

I wish I could get another set of those in black still :(

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
I have some first gen shorty's wish I would have got the longs for the wrist prtection, I shattered my wrist in a previous crash with mechanix gloves on, but was'nt thinking when I bought the gloves. On to the gloves, i love them ,they broke in almost immediately, and compared to the 07 merc long gloves I have, the timax gloves would be the superior street glove. Plus they look fricking killer, check my sig.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Oh yes... TiMax. Pretty tough gloves. You will scratch the shit out of your tank. Buy some good Teknic's / A*'s / Held etc...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
75 bucks? Good shape? In black, no less? Dude, if they're a size L and you don't want 'em, hook me up with who's selling them... I could use an extra pair :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
kevika2001 said:
There's a very good proven reason why pro ryders use racing gear like alpinestars, dainese, and joe rocket gloves that still have their hands after fawked up spillz. I don't know any pro ryders who use Icon and I only trust the best gears on the market with my body parts. But hey that's just my 2cents!
Jason britton wears it, it's not really track day kinda gear though. but for day to day they make the best stuff. it's a good price and fits like street clothes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts