·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm gonna put it up in the sponsors section...also getting Afam sprockets as well so will order it all together.

Now I'm thinking it only comes with a rivet type master link which means I gotta get a tool to do that...I only have the one for the clip-type master link now.

You think that the ZZZ Chain w/ Afam steel front sprocket and aluminum rear would be a good combo?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
setup

Yeah I'm gonna put it up in the sponsors section...also getting Afam sprockets as well so will order it all together.

Now I'm thinking it only comes with a rivet type master link which means I gotta get a tool to do that...I only have the one for the clip-type master link now.

You think that the ZZZ Chain w/ Afam steel front sprocket and aluminum rear would be a good combo?

:+1:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I'm in the process of installing it on my bike but I did the 520 conversion with renthal sprockets. Seems pretty sweet and I can't wait to take it for a spin since I went -1 up front. Dwayne from cycle concepts hooked me up with a great deal on it too!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I'm in the process of installing it on my bike but I did the 520 conversion with renthal sprockets. Seems pretty sweet and I can't wait to take it for a spin since I went -1 up front. Dwayne from cycle concepts hooked me up with a great deal on it too!
just keep an eye on the slack after the first ride cuz it will loosen up.

BD

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One last thing...is it any better to go with one of EK's 520 chains and Afam 520 sprockets? I figured I wouldn't make the move to 520 until I decided to drop a tooth on the front sprocket...which won't be to maybe 2009.

What do you all think?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if going to 520 I would suggest D.I.D. 520 ERV3 chain, I think its THE shit..... if it can handle a 200+hp busa that goes 214mph it can handle our 1000's with ease... Ive had that chain on my bike for about 1.5-2 yrs

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if going to 520 I would suggest D.I.D. 520 ERV3 chain, I think its THE shit..... if it can handle a 200+hp busa that goes 214mph it can handle our 1000's with ease... Ive had that chain on my bike for about 1.5-2 yrs
Thanks. I'll see but I think I'm gonna end up sticking with the 525. Just wasn't sure if going to a 520 was worthwhile at this point.

I want to pretty much keep it as close to stock for at least this season so might as well stick with the 525. Probably won't gain much from going to a 520 setup.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good stuff
this what I have too! but in 520 with of course steel sproket front and alu at rear!
but just one thing do not link your new chain with a clip link but with a link crimped! :wink:
:+1:

Just verified w/ EK that the clip would work although you can't really get any better than the rivet type.

Getting ready to order everything now. Woot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts