Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm cruising down the highway, i look down. the odometer rolls over 1,000 miles. i look up, no cars in sight on a beautiful michigan sunny afternoon at 60 degrees (WHICH IS WARM FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR!) i drop it to first from a 60 punch and just hammer it down! wheel floats up. clutch shifting into second i let it down smooth, hammer down again! high rpm in second, feeling light on the front wheel now! throwing my weight forward to keep it down! slam it into a cluthcless shift for third, wheel getting more stable but i ca tell its barely skimming the ground. hit MY 12,500 redline. yellow lights flashing. clearly go to jail speeds (or worse) but i don't care. it's exhlirating! i can't let of the the throttle! punch clutchless blip into 4th and just hauling ass! speedo indicates roughly 165-175. slide into into a nice warm clutchless 5th and just hammer it down again! i start coming into conciousness realizing that my speedo is no longer climbing.is something wrong? did i break it? NO! that's the 188-9 speedo limiter! the sound of the engine is roaring in my ear, wind wistling around me. staring at the rpms continuing to climb! starting to register the world around me. slap it into 6th as i remember the fact that i can't see anything. this is bad. brain logic takes over penis logic. i shut it down! i lay on the tank and say in my helmet "HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" as i come to a SLOW 70 miles per hour. i think to myself again "must not have seen my exit!" i'll live to see another day. but my 08 zx-10 is just phenominal! i hear it wakes up with age too! WOW!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Hell I did that the day I got my bike!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
:lol: clean your pants bro!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Congrats Man! I haven't hit the 18X mark but easily to 170 on a 6th gear pull. Just be careful and watchout the last thing you need is a cop hiding or a stupid cager pull out in front of you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damn good story bro, my 10 brings a smile & a "Damn, did I just do that" moment everytime I hammer down on her too. I'm always amazed @ how quickly this muthafucka goes from zero to instantaneous wood. The 10 is definitely the fuckin truth

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
so i'm cruising down the highway, i look down. the odometer rolls over 1,000 miles. i look up, no cars in sight on a beautiful michigan sunny afternoon at 60 degrees (WHICH IS WARM FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR!) i drop it to first from a 60 punch and just hammer it down! wheel floats up. clutch shifting into second i let it down smooth, hammer down again! high rpm in second, feeling light on the front wheel now! throwing my weight forward to keep it down! slam it into a cluthcless shift for third, wheel getting more stable but i ca tell its barely skimming the ground. hit MY 12,500 redline. yellow lights flashing. clearly go to jail speeds (or worse) but i don't care. it's exhlirating! i can't let of the the throttle! punch clutchless blip into 4th and just hauling ass! speedo indicates roughly 165-175. slide into into a nice warm clutchless 5th and just hammer it down again! i start coming into conciousness realizing that my speedo is no longer climbing.is something wrong? did i break it? NO! that's the 188-9 speedo limiter! the sound of the engine is roaring in my ear, wind wistling around me. staring at the rpms continuing to climb! starting to register the world around me. slap it into 6th as i remember the fact that i can't see anything. this is bad. brain logic takes over penis logic. i shut it down! i lay on the tank and say in my helmet "HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" as i come to a SLOW 70 miles per hour. i think to myself again "must not have seen my exit!" i'll live to see another day. but my 08 zx-10 is just phenominal! i hear it wakes up with age too! WOW!
That is awesome DUDE!!! I'm at 19,365 miles and I have seen the 189MPH a few times it's an awesome feeling! Bike is an FING BEAST!!!

All the magazines have tested Actual speed is 184MPH. Cool, I just saved you some money on a GPS:mrgreen:

·
Registered
524 Posts
172 indicated for me so far. As soon as the new tires go on it's 189 indicated for sure. Can't wait. Well ai guess I can, I'm flat busted. This economy is hitting me HARD.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Im still surprised they can legally sell this.

In 1988 (yes 19 eighty eight) Kawasaki came out with a then new ZX-10 that was a big bore GPZ900. Byron Hines of Vance and Hines fame stated in a big Magazine Article back then that he bought 2 to just keep in crates because he knew they would never be allowed to build something with more steam than this.

Then of course back in the 80's there was Missouri Senator John Danforth who introduced his "Superbike Bill" that would have killed it all off had it passed, but it didn't. Been wide open ever since.

I think the Big 4 were secretly glad to agree to the Gentleman's Agreement in early 2000 and end the escalating top speed wars.
:+1:

:thumbsup: I am from the old school and ran with a guy once on the old ZX10R(edit zx10 not R) me a 750Interceptor that use to give fits with the 900 Ninja....BUT that ZX10R was just a MONSTER...Yamaha came out with a 1K shortly after and I lost my Arse bad. At that time I knew bikes where getting crazy fast.

It amazes me now I own a bike that is lighter than my old 750 that use to hang with 1ks or create havic with only 85hp at the wheel(100hp crank) and now own a 400lb bike with almost double the HP and over 100lbs lighter and more powerful than the Great Bikes of yesterday.

The original 10 ninja was awesome but the New Generations if off the charts.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I wish my 10r still felt fast to me. ;)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
agree....it's like drugs so I heard:lol: you build a tolerance and need more....I need more mods now it's feeling kinda slow since day 1 :badteeth::badteeth::thumbsup:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Clean the :shit: out of your panties :crackup:

^^^THAT'S FUNNY TO THE MEMBER THAT SAID THAT...or something along those lines hahaha

But yeah man welcome to the world of the 10...Puts my cbr's I have had the last few years to shame...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
:+1:

Fast as hell, but you kinda lose that original rush after awhile.

I bought a brand new ZX12 in early 2000 and I will never forget the first wide open run. Indicated 200mph :mrgreen: 185mph restrictions started in 01 as Magic stated.

It is crazy that any 18 year old kid with a job can walk out of a Motorcycle shop with a modern litre bike.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
172 indicated for me so far. As soon as the new tires go on it's 189 indicated for sure. Can't wait. Well ai guess I can, I'm flat busted. This economy is hitting me HARD.
Economy is off the chain right now. Credit card companys are jacking up interest on everyone. If you don't belive me call anyone of your card companys. Everyone should have received a letter by now. Fing Bastards

1 - 20 of 26 Posts