Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....before I say what I did, feel free to call me anything you'd like. :badteeth:

I changed my oil today and got all done when I realized I grabbed the jug of 20W-50 off the shelf instead of 10W-40. My fault for not paying attention. My question is...will it be fine or should I change it soon or right away?
From the little experience I have, I'd say it's fine but with the weather getting cooler here in SC, wouldn't I want thinner oil?
BTW...the bike only has 600 miles on it and it's the second oil change.

Thanks for any input and pleasant remarks regarding my inability to READ!

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
I can't imagine that it would make that much difference...

If it really bothered you, just pull the plug and refill...

You won't have to change the filter or remove the fairing...

Yes, it would be a little heavier, but so what....close enough...or if it really bothered you, use 30 weight to make up for the 50 that is in the filter...

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Yup, I wouldn't worry...Especially since its your second oil change.

These 10s have shown that after 2500mi or so they really come alive, so IMO all youre really doing is not freeing up all the hp that you have. But its not that big of a deal. It wont hurt any thing!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
the dealer put 20-50 in my bike, i did it on the 2nd and 3rd oil change. then i went to 10-40 and noticed it rev'd a tad quicker and going to full synthetic it shifted smoother also.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah the dealer put 20-50 in my bike on the first oil change. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything at all....rider away

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
what they said

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Ok.

I dont want to sound offensive cause youre relativly new here and all...but I cant help but wonder...

If you are a bomb technician, shouldn't you pay closer attention to detail?

I mean in your line of work, an "Ooops!" could be a really big deal...

:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
:rotflmao:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok.

I dont want to sound offensive cause youre relativly new here and all...but I cant help but wonder...

If you are a bomb technician, shouldn't you pay closer attention to detail?

I mean in your line of work, an "Ooops!" could be a really big deal...

No offense...I deserve a good beatin'. You would think that I would take home what I practice at work and I normally do but not in this instance. Besides, there is a totally different mind set happening when going down range on an incident compared to grabbing some lube from the local parts palace. I will however, note your comment for future reference.
You never know. Just this one small hiccup could remind me to pay that much more attention one day and save my life.
:redface:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:mrgreen:

Here on www.ZX-10R.net we're all about saving lives! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
:beer: :badteeth: I've used nothing but 20W50 in all my bikes since 93.Hell, I had almost 44,000 on my 98 zx9 and everytime I checked the vavles eveything looked great. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts