Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 zx10r. ive been working on the bike for a few months bringing it back from the dead.
i finally got it to where it was ready for a test ride this morning "so i thought".
the only gear i can get is 2nd. wont budge any further, it acts like it wants to go into 1st, but it just wont engage.from neutral to second it engages kinda hard when running. i took it down the street in 2nd an it ran fine, but it wont go past 2nd.
theres a little noise coming from the clutch when pulled in, but that could be my adjustement.
i have to much time and money invested at this point , i have to make her whole again.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

please help

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
It's really hard to tell without knowing exactly what you've been doing to it and what's been apart.

First thing you need to do is take the clutch cover and basket out and look at things. If your adjustment is out-of-whack and the clutch pack is dragging, then it's under load and won't change gears. Aside from that, the shift star, return spring, shift drum, etc could have problems. The shift drum would be bad since you'd have to drop the motor and split the crankcase to get to it. But again, we don't really know what you've been tweaking on it and what you've screwed with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts