Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you use your bikes to commute to and from work every day but I do, and I have been looking to find a nice backpack that complements the sportyness of my 10R and fits in with the sport bike lifestyle while offering more protectoin for high tech gizmos I like to carry with me.

Heres what I have came up with the Siebon Carbon Fiber Backpack, now this is a back pack. It will go great with my HJC raw carbon helmet.

https://www.carbonfiberbackpack.com/categoryNavigationDocument.hg?categoryId=2

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
holy shit thats a lot of loot for a backpack :eyecrazy:

what are the advantages of a hard shell vs a standard backpack?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THe Axio is fake cheasy carbon look, looked into it.

The hard pack just gives you a little more protection for lap top, ipod cameras or whatever gear, plus it looks trick as hell, and might offer a little more aero advantage (wish full thinking)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've got the Axio Swift Hardpack and it works great. It's very durable (bounced off concrete more than once, thankfully not while riding) and any scratches that it gets just rub out. It also holds my 17" Powerbook and accessories with plenty of room to spare. It is very comfortable at high speeds as long as you put 1-2 lbs of something in it to keep it from riding up your back. I've had mine 3 years and it still looks new. The finish on it (some sort of clear coat) is extremely resistant to damage.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Looks good but im not dropping $200 bucks on a pack. I will keep riding with my $50 one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry, but I'm one of about 4 people left in this country that doesn't own a digital camera or phone with a camera, so no pics are available. It's a carbonfiber finish that looks ok. The clear, or whatever they put over it to protect it, gives it a high gloss look, which may or may not be to your liking. If you shop around you should be able to find one in the $150-160 range. I got mine from a local dealer when I was supported by them while racing before they closed 1 1/2 years ago. The price structure I was on at the time was cost + 20%.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Hey S.ga.rider, looks like a bad day at work in the new avatar!

I had to lift this one off the net. The one I have from one of my fires says its not a valid file or something and wont let me use it.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
TRY OGIO.COM they make some sweet bags. nothing in a hardpack but hell your not tacking it to the track are you why you need no drag? they do have one that is called "no drag" thats pretty sweet not sure if its a hardpack though

·
Registered
941 Posts
rossiFan said:
It looks like it would F*** your back up if you landed on your back.

I had a buddy who was in a wheelie and didn't see a stop sign. He mashed the front brakes after setting it down. The bike went one way, he wnt the other. The only thing that saved him from some serious rash was the soft backpack. He would have been toast if he was wearing a hard pack like that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Hardpack is made of some sort of plastic and it will bend and deform. It has a fair amount of "give" to it.

I like the hard shell because of the extra protection for what I put inside it. It also has a pouch inside it at the top for an I-POD or other type of player. There is a sealed hole at the top of the shell that you pass your cord thru from the player for your headphones or earbuds.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts