Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not thrilled with the only one light coming on in low beam, first time i noticed it i thought a bulb was out , i was thinking of getting a bulb that has high and low capabilities and replacing the high beam with that, then run a wire from the low beam to it , so i could have two lows all the time . has anyone already done this ? or know what bulb would work ?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Doesnt work like that homie....YOu can change the housing out so it will work fine but its not as simple as swapping a bulb.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Doesnt work like that homie....YOu can change the housing out so it will work fine but its not as simple as swapping a bulb.
This is oh soooooo true, my buddy tried it with no luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you could find a bulb with both high and low beam that fit in to the socket ,you could then run a wire[splice] from the low beam on the right to the low beam pin on the dual light on the left ,.... but finding one that fits is the problem im guessing ? i have not tried to find a bulb to fit yet

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
This is oh soooooo true, my buddy tried it with no luck.
I did it with no problem! works like a champ and looks good.

·
11,423 Posts
dirt ninja, what bulb set up did you find to work ?
Yes i would like to know also...please? The buddy that i have who tried it might be a semi retarded window licker too cause he swears up n down that swapping the bulbs will not work? i know it worked on my old gixxers but hadn't tried it on the 10 yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
dude, u got a headlight out...............tired of hearing that....brights on all the time:+2:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
dirt ninja, what bulb set up did you find to work ?
I bought a used headlight and removed the low beam projector and replaced it with my old high beam projector. So basically i have two low beam projectors.There is a little fabrication that has to be done but it only took me an hour to do so.... Not the easiest job but it can be done if your not week minded.:thumbsup:

·
11,423 Posts
dude, u got a headlight out...............tired of hearing that....brights on all the time:+2:

:+1::+2: (That's plus 3) :lol: I hate that sh$t!!!!!!!!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I bought a used headlight and removed the low beam projector and replaced it with my old high beam projector. So basically i have two low beam projectors.There is a little fabrication that has to be done but it only took me an hour to do so.... Not the easiest job but it can be done if your not week minded.:thumbsup:
Hey dirt ninja,

you think you could write up a little "How To".

I would like to take a look at your idea. I also hate the one eye.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hey dirt ninja,

you think you could write up a little "How To".

I would like to take a look at your idea. I also hate the one eye.
I can give you an idea on what you have to do... I dont have any pics as i did not document anything... This was done on a second gen... You have to be willing to find another low beam projector btw... I bought a used crashed head light for like 30 shipped. If your serious then i'll give you more instructions...

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I can give you an idea on what you have to do... I dont have any pics as i did not document anything... This was done on a second gen... You have to be willing to find another low beam projector btw... I bought a used crashed head light for like 30 shipped. If your serious then i'll give you more instructions...
Yeah, most definitely, I want to do this to my Gen 1.
I'm kinda recuperating from my crash last weekend and gotta spend some cash to fix the bike back up from that mishap but then yes, I will be doing the headlight mods.

Thanks
Don

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yeah, most definitely, I want to do this to my Gen 1.
I'm kinda recuperating from my crash last weekend and gotta spend some cash to fix the bike back up from that mishap but then yes, I will be doing the headlight mods.

Thanks
Don
Don its going to be totally different for you because you have a gen1 and do not have projectors.... I was able to swap out projectors by doing a right to a left move. You dont have projectors so it isnt that easy and ive never done this work on a gen1.... However it looks like the housing is the same but the plastic reflector has to be modified with a low beam reflector of some sort. Maybe your willing to cut off the high beam reflector and jb weld/plastic weld the low beam reflector on the high beam side? Like i said its not for weak minded experimentors.:thumbsup:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Ahh, For Shizzell

I got to find that mod for the Gen 1

Thanks bro.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts