Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the 10 up to the track for the first time this past weekend. The bike did really well and waspleased with the way it handled. However I jacked up my stock lowers because they were dragging all over the place. My question is: Are most of the aftermarket race fairings narrower on the bottom then the stock ones? If not, what are you guys doing to prevent this from happening? I was thinking perhaps running a 190/60 or 190/70 rear tire might remedy this issue, but I liked the characteristics of the 190/55 on the track.

Help, give me some options. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
the 06-07 touch the ground when cornering, you need more ride height front and rear and check your sag. depending on your style of riding also, some riders touch the ground easyer than others, but the bike needs to be higher.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Have you set your static sag?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Niiiice lean. Shame about the fairings. ;)

I remember the british mags complaining to no end about the ground clearance on the 06/07 10R's when they came out. I think a lot of it has to do with the majority of them weighing more than half as much as the bike, hehe.

+1 on the ride height. I've never managed to scrape mine up, but I put about 15-20mm up in the back. Funny... I've lowsided and not scraped the lower belly pan up... that's a lot of squat you have going on there :)

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Awesome pics. I would have thought the footpegs would have touched before the lowers did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome pics. I would have thought the footpegs would have touched before the lowers did.
Oh, I dragged the hell out of the pegs as well as the pedals. I could have got more lean if I wasnt dragging hard parts. :lol:

Rearsets are about to be ordered.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
damn i cant see the pics....
I never used stock plastics on the track, but i know the profile on pirellis are taller than stock tires.

190/55 and the fronts are tall, not sure if thats enuff..

·
Registered
335 Posts
You just need to get some race fairings so it doesnt matter if they touch down or not. It sounds like you just have one of those riding styles that means you will get the fairings down no matter what.

And with taller tyres you generally get more lean angle so more touching down.

I have a gen 1 racebike thats jack up in the rear and with a 195/70 and i get the fairings down everytime i ride, you just have to live with it. Looks kinda cool in my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
The 06 does have clearance issues. Partly due to the standard exhaust system taking up more room in the belly thus fairings were made to accomodate. It has been advised to stiffen suspension to help, and also only raise the rear to adjust the geometry of the bike, do not lower the triples on the forks as this will give you less ground clearance. Rearsets will help, but then you will need to remove the kickstand as well, as that will start to grind away too. lastly but not least change your riding style. the more lean you have the less stable the bike is, and you have far fewer options with more lean angle than less. actually it is slower as you will have to wait longer to crack the throttle, whilst others cornering with less angle at the same speed will be able to get on the gas sooner than you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts