Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on replacing my clutch plates before the 25 of this month. I would like some input on which brand I should get and if I will need any special tools. I found Some replacement plates on schnitz website, but I thought I'd get the opinion of the forum before I made any purchaces. I am going to the superbike showdown so it needs to be able to take a little abuse.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
maze said:
I am planning on replacing my clutch plates before the 25 of this month. I would like some input on which brand I should get and if I will need any special tools. I found Some replacement plates on schnitz website, but I thought I'd get the opinion of the forum before I made any purchaces. I am going to the superbike showdown so it needs to be able to take a little abuse.
Give Schnitz a call. I'm sure he would have some advice. As for brand I'm hearing stay stock. For drag racing there's talk about a way to get rid of the slipper. Why, I have no clue... I was paying too much attention to the Hooters during the conversation. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ask Ryan Schnitz. He is a straight up guy. I would say OEM for durability. I heard Barnett sucks in general, but I have never tried them. If you want more power, Hyperplates hardened ally is the way to go. They shouldn't last as long as OEM for obvious reasons, but they are very popular in road racing. You can ask Ryan about those also. Below is thier website.

http://www.hyperplates.com/

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard stay stock also but I figured I'd ask around first. I do not want to get rid of the slipper clutch. I like it too much.

·
Registered
94 Posts
www.ronayers.com is cheaper than schnitz and the sell all oem. When I replaced my clutch I did the fibers only. The steels looked good. Just slide the steels in and out to see if they hang up or not and replace the bad ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts