Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, before you download please read:

I have been involved with other threads about camcorder setups/camera etc. and as some of you know already I have a helmet cam with a new pocket camcorder that records to a SD card and the whole setup fits in my leathers. So, since some have been interested in me taking some video with it down the ¼ mile then I thought I will post this video.

Also, when I showed up to the track I had rain drops on my leathers so I knew I was going to take it easy on launch and after this pass the rain came and the track did shut down for the day and never got a chance for a smooth run. :sad:

Now, I am not posting this for “HELP” I already know I need that :crackup: with allot more seat time and this video is not my normal good run…..I never got a chance to take a vid of one of those and also ran into power switching into gear down the track and could never tuck good, so please resist the temptation for evaluation….when I do get a better vid next year on what I normally do then I will welcome all critics on how to run better(the camera shaking on the end of the run is me pissed shaking my head for a messed up run). Since I believe it’s going to be awhile until I can get more vids, then I thought I would at least post this only one I have for fun and what’s to come next year with some better video :thumbsup:

Enjoy the next 10s or so :beer:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
treyzx10r said:
Now that was AWESOME!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
It will get better next year, still messing with camera angle and all...never got a chance to mess with it but thanks Trey :eek:ccasion1

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
bluedevil said:
It will get better next year, still messing with camera angle and all...never got a chance to mess with it but thanks Trey :eek:ccasion1
would like to get a set up like that for a Jennings track day fo sho keep 'em comin Blu!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Damn......you have some $$$ wrapped up in that bike ....... :cool:

What is that over the front ? ?.........lens covers ...:dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, we always get some videos of the track guys and some from the sidelines of the drag strip but really never see any from the rider’s point of view down the ¼ mile track. Even though it was a very bad run for me it does get me exited….hope to bring more for you guys in the future. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wow, that was a nice vid and some nice riding man.

The quality of the video is what impressed me the most.. jk, but the video qaulity seems top notch.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hehehehe...I couldn't stop looking at the keychain...lol.

Nice work man, I'm impressed. I'll follow it all along, as a camcorcer and tank mount are on my want list...hopefully in a couple months.

Keep it up.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rembrant said:
Hehehehe...I couldn't stop looking at the keychain...lol.

Nice work man, I'm impressed. I'll follow it all along, as a camcorcer and tank mount are on my want list...hopefully in a couple months.

Keep it up.
Thanks Rembrant but maybe you miss read but this is a Helmet Camera, no way I could do a tank camera down the 1/4 mile as I am normally married to the tank and tucked down the stretch.lol

As far as the key chain, it's awesome huh how you could bring your stock bike with "garage opener" remote then go home like you just came back from the grocery store...love it :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
525 Posts
bluedevil said:
Thanks Rembrant but maybe you miss read but this is a Helmet Camera, no way I could do a tank camera down the 1/4 mile as I am normally married to the tank and tucked down the stretch.lol

As far as the key chain, it's awesome huh how you could bring your stock bike with "garage opener" remote then go home like you just came back from the grocery store...love it :eek:ccasion1
No, I guess I didn't state all my interests...hehehe...I realize that was a helmet cam, but I've been reading all the posts lately on the different cams and such, trying to help me decide what I want. I want a tank mount, for what I want to do...maybe a helmet cam as an aux item, but thats it.

I'm just interested in all of it right now, in a gathering info kinda way...nothing more. I want a cam anyway, for basic use, I just want the option to mount it on the bike once in a while.

Cheers man, keep up the good work and the flow of info...its great.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:thumbsup: :helmet: Keep the videos coming Bloooooo!!!!

·
Banned
102 Posts
You live in California and drag race a 10? Is that wrong animal for wrong place or tool for the job, what’s that cliché “Zigged when he should have zagged” You should ride a 12. :headshake

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nemo said:
You live in California and drag race a 10? Is that wrong animal for wrong place or tool for the job, what’s that cliché “Zigged when he should have zagged” You should ride a 12. :headshake
Well lets see if you learned your lesson Nemo, I will try to be civil to you ok....so yeah there are better drag bikes for a rookie like me to learn on...i.e the busa's, Kawi 12 but the fun about the 10 is, if you can run fast with this bike then you can probably run almost any bike fast with the longer wheelbase :idea:

but since your a little slow on what this post is about I will spell it out to you:

IT'S ABOUT VIDEO ONLY FROM A RIDERS POINT OF VIEW ON THE 1/4 MILE

Not anything else :heyyou: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
bluedevil said:
Well lets see if you learned your lesson Nemo, I will try to be civil to you ok....so yeah there are better drag bikes for a rookie like me to learn on...i.e the busa's, Kawi 12 but the fun about the 10 is, if you can run fast with this bike then you can probably run almost any bike fast with the longer wheelbase :idea:

but since your a little slow on what this post is about I will spell it out to you:

IT'S ABOUT VIDEO ONLY FROM A RIDERS POINT OF VIEW ON THE 1/4 MILE

Not anything else :heyyou: :rolleyes:
:+1: I usually don't have a problem outrunning 12's or Busa's :mrgreen:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great vid man

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bought my bike 3 weeks ago.

So far I have put on a Hyperpro RSC, SS brakelines, larger master cylinder, PCiii, Sato rearsets, Euro turnsignals, Sato bolt on on the way....hell I went and stuck a tank protector on it just to touch it today.

And a grand total of 1 kilometre. I can't ride it up here right now.

Thanks for the vid. The violence of the start, gear changes and even the head shaking mixed in with the noise was great to see today.

Thanks again and ignore the negative.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts