Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone else noticed that the rear cowl isnt that good a fit, mine is a good fit on the left hand side but on the right hand starts good at the rear then then there is a larger gap at the front any body else got this or can you adjust something to fix it? have seen pics of bikes with good fits and some the same as mine.forgot to say it a gen 3 2008

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Gen 2 cowl was also a very poor fit. There was a thread about this before, and the consensus was that everyone had the same problem (at least on the Gen 2 cowls). It didnt bother me that much though .. it looked decent while looking at it standing up .. it was only bending down and inspecting it at seat level that you could see the gaps.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you dont like the gaps on the seat cowl, buy a race tail. no gap!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Mine and most the others I've seen fit the same exact way on the Gen 3's. Must be a flaw in Kawi's design!!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a gen1 oem cowl that looks good but it rattles real bad, does anyone have a quick fix for this?
If the rattle is coming from the rear hooks that grab onto the back part of the subframe, you might want to bending the hooks on the cowl to get it to fit more securely. I did this and added some washers to shim the front bracket. The cowl was sitting crooked on the rear tail.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
If the rattle is coming from the rear hooks that grab onto the back part of the subframe, you might want to bending the hooks on the cowl to get it to fit more securely. I did this and added some washers to shim the front bracket. The cowl was sitting crooked on the rear tail.
I had to shim mine too, they just dont fit exact.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Where do I put the washers? Does anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
2nd Gen OEM cowl

The gap on my OEM 2nd Gen cowl was pretty noticeable.
There is a thread on the 2nd Gens OEM cowls.
It seems the gap is common,on them.
The main suggestion was to put foam around the rear seat tail section so the gap was less noticeable.
Thats what I did and it looks pretty good,nice and secure and no extreme air gets inside there and the foam keeps the rain out,when you manage to get caught in it at times.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^Right there with you man, I got a seat cowl thrown in with my 09 10, fits like a glove. No gabs nothing...

Maybe some members are putting them together wrong??? Couldnt see why cause its like 4 bolts haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts