Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas? i put fresh gas in the fi light is coming on when i hit the start and it says no fuel every couple of times but the fuel pump i took out and looks brand new there is also a red light and oil light and when i try hitting start in first gear it makes the bike lunge forward

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
post your location..maybe a local can help you out???

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
that sounds like its it for sure, "neutral safety/kickstand switch." I truthfully think you can reset your ecu. Never had to on any bikes but I have seen a couple people do them on honda's so...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had an 07 and it never launched forward while trying to start it in gear. Check your swithches and ECU.

·
Registered
356 Posts
pull the clutch in if you're trying to start it in gear. or do what everyone is saying and make sure it's in neutral.

·
Registered
598 Posts
pull the clutch in if you're trying to start it in gear. or do what everyone is saying and make sure it's in neutral.
The bike will still not start if you do this in gear with the stand down:badteeth:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes yes i tried in neutral and when i try in first i always have the clutch in is there any way to bipass the kickstand switch

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay so i decided to make a test i tried starting it in first with the clutch in and the kickstand up it went chu chu chu chu chu chu and inched forward battery seems to be fine so im ruling out the stator then i tried the start in first with the kickstand down and nothing happened so i assume the kickstand switch is fine tried in neutral and it went chu chu chu without moving when i emptied out the gas tank i put some injector cleaner and only a gallon of gas could this be a problem but one would think for a simple start a gallon of gas is pleanty

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
1 gallon is good enuogh..Fuel pump problem? Disconnect the line and see if fuel squirts out when the key is turned. Check your plugs, plug wires?:dontknow:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ya disconnect fuel line from rail and fire it over to see if you have a solid working pump..
Pull a plug and fire it over to see if you have spark. Fuel and Spark good you should have ignition then. With all the attempts you should pull all the plugs and let it sit for a few hours anyway, if you had fuel and no spark youre drowning out the cycl walls by now and itll be hard as hell to start.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i pulled the fuel line off and exposed the metal adapter turned the bike on and tried to fire and nothing came out and im too much of a pansy to even have a clue how to get to my spark plugs lol i tried getting the air box off and could not figure it out rofl makes you feel dumb but it should be my pump right?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sounds like a solid possibility. Check the voltage at the connector if you can. Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key to on with the switch on run?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no i do not i was told it will sound like a slight hummmmmmm and all the ignition is on lights come on bat is fine its brand new

1 - 17 of 17 Posts