Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded the 10 in for a Busa.. Im building a boosted Busa instead.. I loved my 10, but I just had to realise that no matter how sweet it might be, it got nothing on the Bugly when it comes to boost.. SO there you have it.

Im still going to hang aaround though.. You guys are great and this forum rocks! :rockwoot:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
KDW said:
I just had to realise that no matter how sweet it might be, it got nothing on the Bugly when it comes to boost..
I disagree, the ten can be boosted quite nicely. You'd just have to put an extra 1 1/2ft on the swingarm.lol I thought I would just wait till I pay off the ten and see if I could find a descent used/wrecked busa. You just can't hate on all the parts (good and bad) that are out there for those GSXR's

Good luck, post pics :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Although it's not posted on their website anymore. . . Muzzy used to offer a turbo kit for the 10R that theoritically pumps out 400hp, but they recommended dialing it back to about 275.

I got this info from Sept. issue of MotorCyclist, page 104. I looked it up when it was first published, but it appears to have since been taken down off the site.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have also seen turbo kits for the 10r. I rather like the idea that te 10r would be underrated against the busa when it comes to straight lines, so I woulda kept the 10.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gearbox/clutch assembly fails at around 317bhp acording to BigCCracing..

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
KDW said:
I traded the 10 in for a Busa.. Im building a boosted Busa instead.. I loved my 10, but I just had to realise that no matter how sweet it might be, it got nothing on the Bugly when it comes to boost.. SO there you have it.

Im still going to hang aaround though.. You guys are great and this forum rocks! :rockwoot:
Hope you like what "everybody" else has. I like to be different and have challange. I'm always out numbered when I go to the strip and I love it!!! :mrgreen: Hope you don't regret it later. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I love being a minority at the strip with the 10. It kicks the crap out of 95% of the bikes that show up. Even built busas.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not building my bike for anything but my own enjoyment.. I dont care if alot of people have a boosted busa or not. Im going for the Busa cause I know it will take me from A to B faster than the 10. If 1000 guys drive the Busa, well thats not really my buisness..
Besides I think there are less than 5 boosted Busa's in Denmark, so its really not the same as overthere :wink:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Whatever floats yer boat dude. If yer a drag guy shoulda got a 'busa in the first place. Hmmm, makes me wonder though how the 'busa guys are gonna feel when the aftermarket gets ahold of the 14. 2nd place ain' bad though! Good luck with it man and remember....stay away from the 10's until ya get that boosted or.....well.....I think you already know. Hey ya know what, you may be the first guy to switch from a 10 to a 'busa instead of the other way around. That's what I like, a leader not a follower!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well, if you're going the turbo busa route there's only one person to see: The Motorhead. Go to www.suzukihayabusa.org and to the "turbo talk" section. Those guys will get you going in the RIGHT direction.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It's all in what you like.. I went from a 03 Busa to a 04 CBR1000RR, back to a 05 Busa then over to the 05 ZX.. it's all in what you like.. or you might be insane like me and just get bored after 6 months.. and yes I have connections at all the local dealerships and someone always calls me wanting to know if I'm ready to trade what ever I currently own in. Busa's have their nich, nothing can touch a good running busa with someone on it that has a large sack. I've never owned a bike that would go faster than I was willing to drive it. I had mine over 170 and it didnt' care, the bike was like "So what, keep going chicken". 170 on the ZX is a little more scarier due to the reduced weight. I've read great things about stage 1 turbo busa's putting out about 275 at the rear wheel.. and of course if money's no object, they can be worked well into the 600hp range, but then how could you really use that power other than to wow people at Dyno meets.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I got your back. I had thought about doing that same thing but now I hope to have both. I would like to turbo the 10 but I have thought of alot of things that I'd like to do with it,
"build the motor, ect,ect". Anyway god luck and keep us posted on how you like it.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
KDW said:
Im not building my bike for anything but my own enjoyment.. I dont care if alot of people have a boosted busa or not. Im going for the Busa cause I know it will take me from A to B faster than the 10. If 1000 guys drive the Busa, well thats not really my buisness..
Besides I think there are less than 5 boosted Busa's in Denmark, so its really not the same as overthere :wink:
ahhhh Denmark....please excuse my earlier remark...you have to understand that busa's are a dime a dozen over here especially since biker boyz...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I will see your 1300 and raise you 100. Should just a waited for the 14.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
pongo said:
ahhhh Denmark....please excuse my earlier remark...you have to understand that busa's are a dime a dozen over here especially since biker boyz...
Whew. . . Biker Boyz :throwup: you just had to go and mention that turd of a movie. :badteeth:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts