Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I wasnt going to let the cat out of the bag yet but i need you guys help. as you know super streetbike did an artical about a busa out of the crate to runnin in the 8's. well guess who there talkin to now... me The zx10 has kinda been know to be the busa killer and Im running a 6.2 in the 1/8th mile and getting faster. however the writer for super streetbike is talking to me about my bike. The reason being that I have spent less than $2500 in preformance mods and am running the times im doing. Im not going to stand for 2nd place I only have $200 to spend and I need to shave 2 tenths off my 1/8th mile and be in the 8's in the 1/4 mile. I think I have some ideas as to how to get the bike 2 tenths in the 1/8th but as far as the quarter. I have no experience. Tomorow the kickstand and the passenger pegs are hitting the trail. Im only going to run with 1/2 gallon of gas {MR9} I figure thats 20 or so lbs off. Yall ready to kick some busa ass? Post your ideas... BTW this is in the early stages so dont get your hopes up to high just yet. AND YES zx-10r.net WILL be mentioned if it goes as planned. Thanks ruthless in advanced.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You will need to shave alot more than 2 tenths off your 1/8th to hit an 8 anything in the 1/4. I would guess you would run about a 9.50 in the 1/4 since your runinng 6.20's in the 1/8th. You will probably need atleast 5.70's- low low 5.80's in the 1/8th to even have a shot at an 8 with a stock motored bike. Also that busa was stock wheelbase.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
well I AM BEHIND YOU 100% as i am sure others here, not sure for $200 what you could do, maybe down another gear or so in the front or rear, or just get better at launches? either way good luck and god speed!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It's gonna take more than $200 beans to get in the 8's. Blue Streak is right about running in the high 5's in the 1/8 mile to get high 8's in the 1/4 mile. No doubt your bike should run that with your mods it just gonna take seat time or a "good rider." Hint Hint. Tell them I already have a 'Busa Killa.......http://zx-10r.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=515&c=5 :crackup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Maybe if you hire Ryan Schnitz to ride your bike:idea: but not sure he will do it for $200 :headshake:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea well the cool part is I have shit done to my bike i havent unleashed yet. i havent lowered it to the last hole on the dogbones. or sofened up the rear suspension. but will that give me 2 tenths? I couls also run less gass and shed some weight. me and my buddies figered out away to drop 24lbs off the bike in 1/2 a day.
The kick stand is gone
The passenger pegs {temporarily gone} LOL Got to holla at wemon
I ran a 6.2 with 3 gallons of gas. time to run 1/2 galon of gas.
I have allready heard a bunch of stupid shit so save it...... Im serious here. And yes i know boxxers weight like 3oz..........

·
Post Whore
6,238 Posts
sczx10r said:
Yea well the cool part is I have shit done to my bike i havent unleashed yet. i havent lowered it to the last hole on the dogbones. or sofened up the rear suspension. but will that give me 2 tenths? I couls also run less gass and shed some weight. me and my buddies figered out away to drop 24lbs off the bike in 1/2 a day.
The kick stand is gone
The passenger pegs {temporarily gone} LOL Got to holla at wemon
I ran a 6.2 with 3 gallons of gas. time to run 1/2 galon of gas.
I have allready heard a bunch of stupid shit so save it...... Im serious here. And yes i know boxxers weight like 3oz..........
let me guess...the bike is ported and polished?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have faith
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13114
The time slips are in hear the writer for the artical is named sean he lives in Danial Island right by the citadel. He wrote the last stripfest artical. I know its hard to believe but have faith

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
sczx10r said:
hey yall want to help me out here?
I was just having fun sc:heyyou: I do admire your determination though and am not really sure if you can do it without great seat time. I wasn't kidding that much though about Ryan Schnitz because he was the first one to break into the 8s last year on a stock wheelbase in Prostar History I believe for a 1000cc motorcycle, and that should give you an idea on how hard it can be. Good luck though:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts