Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its leaking on both sides of the bike, about a dollar bill leak on right side, smaller leak on left side by the oil cap and the cover other side from the fearing small leak on back also under rear swing arm

I have no idea where its coming from

damn and I just bought the bike last week and its fuking leaking, it haas 2500 miles and its clean as hell

FUkKK

sorry guys Im kind of pissed, whats a good place to take the bike to get it checked out in the Seattle area, I cant ride it like this the oil sprays all the way on to the back tire

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are the pics guys help me out if you can please

thx

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as you can see all the spots in the garage, this is from the bike as I was moving it around and parking it later after riding, new puddle each day

i checked the oil and the glass shows almost half full when the bike is straight up

this can not be brake fluid can it??

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
is there any way you can take the lower off and get us an up close? when in doubt bring it to a tech and get it looked over. find someone in your area that is reputable so that way you know they are not just trying to scam you for something like replacing you drain plug

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks bro yeah Im thinking I might just roll it on out to a tech and have them look at it

I just dont know anyoen reputable in the Seattle area that will service a Kawi

·
Registered
454 Posts
as you can see all the spots in the garage, this is from the bike as I was moving it around and parking it later after riding, new puddle each day

i checked the oil and the glass shows almost half full when the bike is straight up

this can not be brake fluid can it??
you should be able to tell the difference between oil and brake fluid. if it was brake fluid and got on your tires like you said they would be discolored

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks zero, yeah its not brake fluid I doubt it, anyone know of a good tech in the Seattle area

·
Registered
681 Posts
Check the oil plug and filter. They may have just changed it if you just bought it. Have somebody change it. Clean it really good w/o fairings.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ thanks man, I think I will just take the fairings off tonight and ispect it see what is going on

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Duran I just bought the bike last week bro, babied it the whole time, been leaking since day one

maybe the previous owner did, the bike is clean though, not a spec on it

·
Registered
454 Posts
Duran I just bought the bike last week bro, babied it the whole time, been leaking since day one

maybe the previous owner did, the bike is clean though, not a spec on it
you should be able to see where the oil is leaking if you get the fairings taken off or at least get a better idea

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys will do that tonight when I get home, are the fairings hard to take off, doesnt look bad

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
zero not my first bike bro, just the first time I will have to take the fairings off, had a bradn new gixx1k couple years ago, rode it for 2 years never took the fairings off, now bought this bike

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Once you have the lowers off, take a white cloth or paper towel and run it around the pan gasket, the drain plug, oil filter the side covers, etc. You'll find where it is coming from.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts