Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
subject states the question.....I've been searching the forusmf ro a lil while and cant seem to find if anyone has degreed the kawi intake race cam? if so are you going by the 105/102 #'s?

Thanx guys!::hello:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I put mine on 105/103. It gave me .040 Piston to valve on the intake and .078 on the exhaust. Kawasaki says you can run the intake tighter than that, BUT .040 has been the safe number for years and I'm too old to change what I believe I guess. If you do run tighter you may want to think about a manual cam chain adjuster. If I was a gambleing man I would love to have 102/100 with this cam and give it a try.

By the way I did try 107/104 and it's a tird down low with those numbers. It runs like a bitch up top though.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
105/105 racing intake cam. keeps midrange power, or should i say dominance, a beast up top too. run the thin headgasket and pull on anything you ride w/.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
but khi recommends 108/102 w/ the race intake cam. ive talked w/ others on this forum about it. it would be "correct" to degree the cams like that. but if you street your bike what so ever, it would be an ugly mut on the street. :beer:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
ninja2k5 is right. Gunner has similar numbers to what I have (I have the stock intake cam). I would say on the street you would want 105/105, 105/102-3.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I put in my head gasket today, had to get my O2 sensor bung welded in so I havent done anythign other than torqu'ing the cyl head bolts? I decided to run the thin head gasket from kawi.

Im basiclaly looking for a lil more mid range and top end, pretty much 6k and up since when Im racing I alsmot never drop below that..... 105 105 seems pretty decent? or should I keep the exhaust a lil lower? 104-102???

jsut askin for some suggestions

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
104/102 is stock.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
speed4life said:
Hey Garth if you look for the Race Tech manaul on here as a post to download it will tell you done have to degree the intake cam and thats from Kawasaki themselves
you dont have to degree it, is that what you're saying the manual says??

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yep thatas what I am saying BUT it does also say you can degree it

the manual pretty much explains a few things of what to do about the race intakecam fin the post by typing in Race Tech Manual and read it

I was the one that posted it with a little help from another member to help me out its about 90 pages of some great info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts