1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike: 07 w/ 8400k
Modifications: Delkevic decat/slip ons/kn/pc3/gipro/healer and cosmetic stuff
Riding style: commute, occasional spirited twisty rides
Maintenance: Oil changes every 2-3K, maintain chain, always check screws, pretty anal if I would say so
Problem: Start bike, NOISE = sounds loose washer/change, coming from right side, cat area @ idle. I noticed it on my last ride (spirited), did not seem to affect performance or gear shifts etc

I pulled lower fairings off, heat shield by rear brake res off, looked for loose bolts and found nothing, def something let go or is loose. Almost sounds like inside exhaust pipe?

I searched and read about generators etc. Any input or ideas please!:dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Moved to "Performance and Tech"

bloo

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
rattle

cat converters on autos are known to seperate on the inside and rattle loudly. sounds exactly like ur problem. fix is replace, gut, or remove the cat.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I know your problem as I had/ fixed same thing. Remove that Delkevic catless pipe and you will find that the litlle pc of metal that is welded inside has broken off. It is a exhaust gas smoother just like the stocker cat pipe has. For some reason Delkevic only tack welds it on inside the pipe and it breaks off. I thought my trans had broken when I heard mine making the sound.
:thumbsup: Contact Delkevic and you probably won't hear back. I didn't. I noticed no change in performance after this little pc of metal broke off inside the catless pipe. remove it before riding so it won't make it to the exhaust servo valve and screw that up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cat converters on autos are known to seperate on the inside and rattle loudly. sounds exactly like ur problem. fix is replace, gut, or remove the cat.
I've yet to pull it apart. I did replace the cat convert with a delkevic decat since i did not like the idea of having a mutilated interior. Hopefully the prob is that simple.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know your problem as I had/ fixed same thing. Remove that Delkevic catless pipe and you will find that the litlle pc of metal that is welded inside has broken off. It is a exhaust gas smoother just like the stocker cat pipe has. For some reason Delkevic only tack welds it on inside the pipe and it breaks off. I thought my trans had broken when I heard mine making the sound.
:thumbsup: Contact Delkevic and you probably won't hear back. I didn't. I noticed no change in performance after this little pc of metal broke off inside the catless pipe. remove it before riding so it won't make it to the exhaust servo valve and screw that up.
Just read ur post, thanks!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I've yet to pull it apart. I did replace the cat convert with a delkevic decat since i did not like the idea of having a mutilated interior. Hopefully the prob is that simple.
Trust me, it IS. Bang on the bottom of the cat paipe with a mallet or your fist heavily and you'll hear it bounce around. That sound scared the shit out of me as I thought my trans was coming apart or a bearing. I trailered my bike home after panickiing and refusing to ride it it was so loud. Trust me man, the Delkevic catless pipe is KNOWN for that tab to break loose. Well, I guess I just made it known,lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trust me, it IS. Bang on the bottom of the cat paipe with a mallet or your fist heavily and you'll hear it bounce around. That sound scared the shit out of me as I thought my trans was coming apart or a bearing. I trailered my bike home after panickiing and refusing to ride it it was so loud. Trust me man, the Delkevic catless pipe is KNOWN for that tab to break loose. Well, I guess I just made it known,lol.
I trust you! LOL I'll get to it tomoro! Thanks

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
^ No problem. It's a shame that pc breaks off inside because the fitment and otherwise overall quality is top notch. Delkevic needs to full bead weld that little pc rather than tack weld. It's full beaded on the stocker.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, removed delkevic de cat, no loose parts! noise (ringing?) seems to be coming from y pipe area? Where are the exhaust valves located, bout there right? Could something have loosened up? Pain in the ass!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the sled is back together! Took the exhaust apart, not loose metal in cat, took off Y pipe, nothing. Im guessing the butterfly valve is loose or something, noise coming intermitently from that spot. Ran the bike with/without actuator, same result. Warranty ran out 3 weeks ago, I'll call and see if they will repair/replace. Meanwhile, Im gonna ride the beast! OR just buy a FULL SYSTEM:smile: Might have some CF Akra Slip ons for sale soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts