Discussion Starter #1
06 gsxr1000 stock 1300miles

07 gsxr1000 stock 1500miles

07 ZX10 stock 800miles

05 zx10 scorpion slipon dirty air filter 2500miles

·
Registered
590 Posts
Am I old and daft or is the 05 putting down more torque than all of them? Of course he lowest horsepower numbers. Seem's the squixxer has the lowest torque numbers of them all and the ninja's seem to have a little more drive and a little less HP. Very interesting how close they all are though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pretty sure you would get much better looking curves from an 07 with 2000+ miles on it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Seems kind of strange the 07 10 doesn't reach 12k rpm...

Thanks for posting them graphs 02transam...

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
that 07gix pulls over 10hp more than its 06!? id be a pissed 06 owner to know that. nice numbers overall. looks like the 05 took it to the 06 gsx, no surprise. id like to see the 08 10r pushing a solid 90lb/ft torque and w that i could care less if it only put down 165hp cuz its torque advantage would give it that dominance over the rest of the class.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I am with you guys. I don't have a clue why they didn't go over 12k on the dyno for the 07 10. :dontknow:

However, the only reason the 07 beat my bike by 2.5 hp is due to that wierd spike at the end of the run. My bike made better hp and tq than the 07 up untill the last few RPM's.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I didnt realize the 05 had such a flat torque curve compared to the 07

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
All those charts are very nice and show one thing that ive been aware of for quite awhile. The GSXR and ZX line both make pretty comparable power across the boards despite what generation you compare.

Do note that the newer the bike the lower the mid range tends to be yet the few more hp up top. That is the trend in motor building these days. Adjust your cam degree one way or the other and you can adjust this to have more mid and less top or the opposite.

·
Registered
6 Posts
that 07gix pulls over 10hp more than its 06!? id be a pissed 06 owner to know that. nice numbers overall. looks like the 05 took it to the 06 gsx, no surprise. id like to see the 08 10r pushing a solid 90lb/ft torque and w that i could care less if it only put down 165hp cuz its torque advantage would give it that dominance over the rest of the class.
the 06 gixxer is mine. Why would I be pissed? I bought the 06 over an 07 knowing it would make less hp. All of the modern liter bikes make plently of power. More than I can use. If I ever get to the point where I can use all my 06's power, then I'll worry.

Something that also needs to be brought to light about these graphs. They were done on an inertia dyno and we did not check our tire pressure before dyno'ing the bikes. As posted by shoginator:

I'll throw in my 2 cents in hopes to clear just a few things up.

That graph makes it clear that was an inertia dyno. In other words, you pick a gear, set the dyno for the run and go full throttle to accelerate the wheel drums of the dyno. Since the dyno designers know the mass of the drums and the energy required to spin them up in a given amount of time, they have the computer spit out a relatively semi-accurate hp graph. That being said:

It's quite easy to get "single pull inertia dynos" to show higher and higher numbers without ever making an engine change - since they are not holding the engine at specific rpms for a second (to reveal real power and not fakey computed inertia power) at every 250 or 500 rpm steps.
as for the 05 'taking it to the 06 gsx', when he passes me at the track, THEN I will be mad, THEN it can be said that he took it to me :fu2:

I plan on adding a PCIII and full exhaust to give it a smoother powerband, better sound, gas mileage, etc. So I'll be hitting up the dyno agian for tuning. Going to try and NOT make it an inertia dyno this time. We'll see if we can get everyone together agian for another go round. The 07 gix has a racefit now :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
the 06 gixxer is mine. Why would I be pissed? I bought the 06 over an 07 knowing it would make less hp. All of the modern liter bikes make plently of power. More than I can use. If I ever get to the point where I can use all my 06's power, then I'll worry.

Something that also needs to be brought to light about these graphs. They were done on an inertia dyno and we did not check our tire pressure before dyno'ing the bikes. As posted by shoginator:

as for the 05 'taking it to the 06 gsx', when he passes me at the track, THEN I will be mad, THEN it can be said that he took it to me :fu2:

I plan on adding a PCIII and full exhaust to give it a smoother powerband, better sound, gas mileage, etc. So I'll be hitting up the dyno agian for tuning. Going to try and NOT make it an inertia dyno this time. We'll see if we can get everyone together agian for another go round. The 07 gix has a racefit now :eek:ccasion1
You joined the kawasaki forum just to tell us that?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You joined the kawasaki forum just to tell us that?:thumbsup:
haha, nah. 02transam has been over on gixxer.com for a while. I was bored at work and figured I would come join his side of the sport bike world. We all have the same passion afterall :helmet:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
:eek:ccasion1 I know suzuki and kawis are on top but watch out for the new 08's.:beer:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
were just groovin along with the debate over the 08 zx10 (notice the polls we have)

BD

·
Registered
6 Posts
:eek:ccasion1 I know suzuki and kawis are on top but watch out for the new 08's.:beer:
well something needs to compete with the 07 gixxer's hp wise :lol:

no but seriously, I think its funny to see everyone get caught up in the hp wars, when what we have already is crazy! (as stated before, the reason I chose the 06 over the 07, was I thought it looked better. HP numbers just didn't matter) I like 02transam's 05 zx10, and would get an 05 over an 08 if I was in the market for one. Its got the sidemount exhuast, good weight, and a better windscreen than the 08's, better looking fairings, and better headlights IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts