Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..... well I've still been thinking of secondary injection for the 10r.... Adding the hard parts I think is pretty easy, I think I can make a different airbox lid or entire airbox that will fit all the injectors and such under the tank....

heres the problem......

CONTROLLING THEM.......

now heres my thoughts.... the stock injectors all have a common power wire and then they have an individual ground wire..... my idea is to run that same power wire up the new set of injectors and run the same ground wires into a power commander and run the power commander inline as well to control those injectors as you want it. I'm sure since I have a power commander inline as well for my lower injectors I would need to do it before the lower injector power commander......

now I'm almost certain that the common wires are a positive power feed since that wire runs right into the fuse box so the thing that will control the opening and closing of the injectors would be the ECU grounding out the injectors soooooo..... do you guys think it can work????

any insight will be helpful.... I'd much rather just run another PC3 and piggyback the power off the stock injectors so that I dont have to run a stand alone type injection system just for the extra 4 injectors?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Talk to Mark over at Factory Pro. Tell him what you are planning to do. They have a FI Programmer called the TEKA Fire. It has the ability to control up to 8 injectors but its made for the Honda's and Yamaha's and the '07-'08 ZX6R. Talk to him and maybe he can rig something up. By the way why are you going 8 injectors? The ZX10R's injectors only run at around 80%. If you need more fuel at the upper limits you can just tell the injectors to dump more fuel. That's the only benefit to 2 injectors per cylinder is more fuel when needed. Maybe longer injector life but for $150 you can swap your stock injectors with Flowbenched ones from Factory Pro.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I'm more intrested in the fuel atomaztion properties at maximum RPM..... one of the main reasons why they are all going to secondary injectors is not to add more fuel.... I'm planning on phasing out the lower injectors at like 8k rpm and up and running the bike on the uppers for racing..... the farther away from the intake valve the better the fuel will atomize and give you a much better burn.... alot of 1st gen BUSA riders have swapped over to gsxr1000 set ups with dual injectors and have gained quite a bit of top end power so i'm looking to get more outta the 10.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good point! Never looked at it that way. Well talk to Mark about a custom TEKA box. I think he would be up for it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
HEY........ "Garth" yes I am talking to you,,, run a full standalone,,,, you know you wanna, just pop the cash for it and be done with it. This way when we do your turbo setup you will be ready to rock:thumbsup:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sell some of that junk that you have floating around, that should be enough:lol:

Hey bro you wanna play you gota pay you know this:thumbsup:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey guys..... well I've still been thinking of secondary injection for the 10r.... Adding the hard parts I think is pretty easy, I think I can make a different airbox lid or entire airbox that will fit all the injectors and such under the tank....

heres the problem......

CONTROLLING THEM.......

now heres my thoughts.... the stock injectors all have a common power wire and then they have an individual ground wire..... my idea is to run that same power wire up the new set of injectors and run the same ground wires into a power commander and run the power commander inline as well to control those injectors as you want it. I'm sure since I have a power commander inline as well for my lower injectors I would need to do it before the lower injector power commander......

now I'm almost certain that the common wires are a positive power feed since that wire runs right into the fuse box so the thing that will control the opening and closing of the injectors would be the ECU grounding out the injectors soooooo..... do you guys think it can work????

any insight will be helpful.... I'd much rather just run another PC3 and piggyback the power off the stock injectors so that I dont have to run a stand alone type injection system just for the extra 4 injectors?
Might work; I´m pretty sure.
Single doubt is the possibility of overloading some part of the ECU, or signal, by piggybacking two PCIII. Dont know. Have to look into the electrical diagrams to see what we have at that grey connector.
Most likely both PCIII would have to catch signal in parallel. Depending on the input impedance this can be done (all signals here are analogic)
2nd PCIII would be running over stock map as PCIII #1 does, and dont know if its possible to completely cut fuel out (or as much) until the rpms you want it to appear, and then reverse the map cutting PCIII #1 out.
2nd set fuel might be sprayed out of the intake tracks of the throttle bodies into the airbox if made it to work in the low/mid rpms (by reverse intake flow), messing up something:dontknow: so cut fuel injection out of this set must be able to be done at this range.
R&D is needed at this point. If I´d be there would like to join the project:eek:ccasion1

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I guess I'm going to have to do some R&D work, I might have some money to spend on a lil project soon, a buddy of mine has a airbox I can chop up and modify if needed or make a mold to make a fiberglass one maybe.....

I'll be racing a 08 this weekend so if they are actually really fast I might have to put this into production alot faster but for some reason I think I wont have a problem with it lol..... BUT we shall see.....

I'll be thinking of things.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts