Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!
I'm a proud new owner of a gen 4 and absolutely love the bike! I would like to know what your opinions are on when its appropriate to go full synthetic. Currently there is 1500 miles on the bike, I changed the oil at 500 and I'm on my second service with a non synthetic 10-40. I would like to switch over to Motul 300V, but I want to make sure I don't switch over to soon. All information would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
Interesting... I had heard full synthetic makes clutch slip. They were pushing blend on me. I also thought the bike took 10w 40 not 10w 50... I'm all messed up lol

Nope.

Mobil one Racing 4T full synthetic here.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I tried nearly every high dollar oil in the gen 4, and Mobil One Racing 4t wins for a great shift feel that actually lasts 2k miles.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
:hello: sky
Well then. Maybe next change I'll toss some in. Not sure what the best brand my dealer sells I'll check it out.. I'm clueless about oil (clearly..) I would def like to have a little longer between oil changes..
Sky just told ya what the best is brotha, one of a few anyway...I also do Amsoil when available and cheap and Castrol Racing 4t. M1 is the shit though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for asking this Rickybobby. I too am at the same exact frequency of changing oil with non synthetic. I'm at 1500 and about to change it to full synthetic too. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts