Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did an oil change. My bike only has 200 miles on it and it had 59 miles on it when it was delivered from the dealer. I've never seen nastier oil. Is this normal?

San

·
Registered
298 Posts
IM not the smartest guy here but I think that normal for breakin. The metalic color is the metal from everything seating in the motor. just my .02

·
Registered
152 Posts
yep mine looked the same on my 09, and my buddies 09 zx14 looked the same to for the first change

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like your bike has the hershey squirts!!! I took mine in for the initial service so it was documented so I never saw that. Nice turkey roaster though
You don't like my "modern technologically-advanced turkey roaster?"

San

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Mine looks alot like that on my gen 1 when I change it, always thought that was kinda strange, as it really looks abused, but I change my oil every 1K at a minimum and filter ever other time. I know it's overkill, but just one of those things I do.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just did an oil change. My bike only has 200 miles on it and it had 59 miles on it when it was delivered from the dealer. I've never seen nastier oil. Is this normal?

San

In my oponion, that oil that you attached its picture in the Aluminum fold is too dirty, you said your bike had 200miles, lets say 500 miles, 1000miles, the oil is so dirty; The black color of the oil is very normal but the dirt at the bottom of the container is just not right... I mean if you turn the bike on in a tunnel of dust for 200 miles, that might gives you simlar oil but before you even change your oil, the engine noise changes.
Bottom line, I think the oil that you took picture -if the Aluminum fold was empty and clean- is not normal for a fresh oil after 200 milage. To give you an idea i did see the oil after 5000 miles and it was not that much dust in the bottom. The dirt of the oil depends on the area that the bike was on but since you had 200 miles only and you just bought the bike brand new (usually a brand new bike has more respect and care for it's owner at first) I don't think you ride your bike in dirty enviroment this much. There is one thing that bothers me and i will tell it to you:
Unfortanetly most dealerships (not just Kawasaki) use cheap oil and gas for their properties for sale. I saw before that some dealership used a cleaned used oil. I even saw it in here USA ,very famous dealership. I belive if the dealership you bought the bike from put used oil (they cleaned it already but it still is used and it does not have the features of a new oil), this oil that you get at the oil change can be normal.

respects
ShervinRRR

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
In my oponion, that oil that you attached its picture in the Aluminum fold is too dirty, you said your bike had 200miles, lets say 500 miles, 1000miles, the oil is so dirty; The black color of the oil is very normal but the dirt at the bottom of the container is just not right... I mean if you turn the bike on in a tunnel of dust for 200 miles, that might gives you simlar oil but before you even change your oil, the engine noise changes.
Bottom line, I think the oil that you took picture -if the Aluminum fold was empty and clean- is not normal for a fresh oil after 200 milage. To give you an idea i did see the oil after 5000 miles and it was not that much dust in the bottom. The dirt of the oil depends on the area that the bike was on but since you had 200 miles only and you just bought the bike brand new (usually a brand new bike has more respect and care for it's owner at first) I don't think you ride your bike in dirty enviroment. There is one thing that bothers me and i will tell it to you:
Unfortanetly most dealerships (not just Kawasaki) use cheap oil and gas for their properties for sale. I saw before that some dealership used a cleaned used oil. I even saw it in here USA, i don't mention the dealership name but i just tell you that they are very famous and they are in LA. I belive if the dealership you bought the bike from put used oil (they cleaned it already but it still is used and itis not like a new oil), this oil that you get at the oil change can be normal.

respects
ShervinRRR
I shit you not...I just read this...and now I have a headache.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
The bikes come from Kawasaki filled with oil. so I don't think that is the case.

Also the first oil change looks like that because of the assembly lube they build the motors with. It gets washed off by the oil during the first few miles and it looks like that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks like your bike has the hershey squirts!!! I took mine in for the initial service so it was documented so I never saw that. Nice turkey roaster though
arent you required to do this so you dont void the warranty:dontknow:

·
Registered
772 Posts
alot of the crap in your oil is clutch matter believe it or not,but as far as these pics i see,thats just a mix of a new engine break in and assembly lube for the most part....if our oil was clean why would we change it:idea:

·
Registered
772 Posts
I shit you not...I just read this...and now I have a headache.
respects:spit::crackup:

It does look like a reaction between assembly lube and the oil. Probably while engine builders always stress not to overdo it with the assembly lube. The only other thing it could be would be coolant or gas, and they both look different than that when mixed with oil.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Let me rephrase....I got a headache trying to read it....For some reason, I try, but I just can't make sense of it..

I completely understood! It's sort of like reading a jumbled up riddle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts