Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, hopefully someone can help me out on this.

Well, against my better judgment I purchased the HR1 Riot exhaust for my 2nd gen. I must say it looks and sound pretty nasty! Really cleaned the bike up a lot. However, the company tells you don't lose any ground clearance, that's a lie, a huge one at that! I went over 3" speed bump two nights ago. I new it bumped the can, but I thought nothing of it. Well I took my bike out for a ride two days later and everything seemed fine. I hit a wheelie or two and then parked it in the garage. I come out 2 hours later to head to class on it to a two foot wide oil spill. I was almost as heart broken as when I heard about the BP spill haha. Anyways, ended up the speed bump started a crack in the pan, and the wheelies finished it off. I've just bought a replacement pan, thanks to WOLFE, heck of a seller by the way. So just how bad is it to replace one, I've done a lot of work on the past couple bikes I've had, but never touched anything on a motor other than headers. I'm just not sure if I should try and tackle it myself or take to the stealership. Any input would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
its not so bad at all. the hardest part is making sure the plastic sump is still up tight on the oil press regulator when you are putting the new pan up. i would deff pick up a new gasket too though. just in case

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
It is very simple for me and I've never replaced an oil pan... worst part was dropping the header to remove 1 bolt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts