Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a great day had just got my bike on the road after new tires, wheelbearings, and brakes so I road it out for Easter with the family after everything was going good untill I went over this crest and buttoned out a blow out my oil pan lucky I didn't lock up my engain when I stoped I just a oil all over my tire, swingarm, brakes and a huge puddle of oil the hole is about the size of your picky . . . My day went from good to full blow shitty

·
Registered
774 Posts
^^that hurt to read:badteeth:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Shouldve just wheelied over the crest

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea sorry I should have read it over but whatever . . . Yea it's lowered . . . Why did you have your drain plug moved ? What's the benefit for that ? . . . Also quick question do I need to take my exhaust off now to change my oil pan ?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yea sorry I should have read it over but whatever . . . Yea it's lowered . . . Why did you have your drain plug moved ? What's the benefit for that ? . . . Also quick question do I need to take my exhaust off now to change my oil pan ?
If you're lowered, you don't want the weakest part of the oil pan hanging straight down to clip a bump and get broken.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it wasn't the drain plug that blow out but it still
Doesn't sound like a bad idea . . . I'm just
Going to make a skid plate for it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I know it's not but sense my bike is lowered and extended it's a good idea to make a skid plate . . . To help prevent it from happening again . . . My plastics will hide it anyway

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
i had to remove the header on my first gen to get the oil pan off... good luck with the fix!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts