Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I start my bike the oil level in the sight glass only goes down maybe 1/8 ? No oil light but I cant figure it out :dontknow: I guess I will have to drop the pan and look.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought on all my other bikes when I would start it up the oil level would go about all the way gone?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine nearly disappears when its running.
Thats what I thought, I did replace the oil pan last fall maybe the oil pickup fell out? It seemed like it just sat there it didnt really lock into place or anything I dont know?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DUDE I think that worked oil came gushing out when I started it! What worries me is I ride kinda hard sometimes and I dont know how long it has been like this? I changed the oil about sept and the oil light was flashing and I burped it then and it went off and I have been riding it, But the other day it seemed like there was a vibration in the motor so I retightened the motor mounts and thats when I noticed the oil level didnt go down when started? I also have been hearing a little ticking in the valve train but I thought it was just the normal tick, hope I didnt screw this new motor up I just put it on in Sept. It was only supposed to have 2000 miles on it:lol:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I loosened the filter and started the bike with foil over the header and oil poured out and now the oil goes down in the sight glass but it is really low so I will add oil today and see.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I would change the filter just to give me peace of mind that it hasn't become clogged.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got rid of that fram oil filter got a kn and changed oil seems ok for now:dontknow: we'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts