Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an oil leak i believe from the Valve cover gasket. Noticed oil leaking onto exhaust some smoke from it burning off after bike fell over in gravel driveway. Top of engine where the exhaust meets engine. Question is, is this the valve cover gasket and if so is it difficult to replace. Sorry not able to post pics right now. Any and all advice will help. Oh and its only leaking on left side and is it really damaging to anything to keep riding it like this till i can replace and or fix the issue. Leak is rather slow and it is my everyday vehicle

·
Registered
489 Posts
pictures would really help to see what you are talking about... if you are going to keep riding i would just keep an eye on oil level.

·
Registered
174 Posts
To replace it you have to remove the gas tank and airbox. Once you are under there You can remove the valve cover; thing is I'm quite sure you need to remove the coil plugs in order to remove the valve cover. To remove the coild plugs the 2 on the center can be removed easily, while the 2 on the sides require you to remove the side fairings and remove the engine support brackets that interfer with the coil plugs.

I'd strongly suggest you replace your coils plugs while you are at it because it's a very time consuming job to remove the coil plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts