Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently acquired not running 2013 Zx10r which was sitting for at least a year. Flushed all fuilds, cleaned tank, injectors, fuel pump, the usual stuff

Here's my problem;

While idling, no load rpm's everything is fine no issues.
Under load it starts pushing oil in the coolant reservoir & radiator, but there's no water in the oil at all.

I'm being pointed towards a possible issue with the oil cooler from the bike sitting for so long due to some corrosion, pitting or something that is allowing the oil to migrate into the cooling system at this location.
I did pull the water pump and check under load to see if the oil seal was possible leaking at that location and that test came back negative for any signs of oil leaks at the water pump.

Anyone run into this before? I searched and can finds a lot on head gaskets, etc. but all of those have water in the oil which I do not have.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
yep take out your oil cooler and get it tested .... or just replace it with a new one and check again for the same issue. Also while you at it flush your coolant system . You only want coolant in there. Then you should be good I reckon.👊

1 - 2 of 2 Posts