1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I will make this as basic as possible to avoid confusion:
I live in PHilippines

I go back and forth there every 3 weeks

Genuine oils like Motul in philippines costs almost THREE TIMES normal price!

I have bought this oil and its now in my ZX10 with a genuine GEN5 filter.

Does anyone have any opinions on this oil or know it because I`m now paranoid about it.
I do have 4L of Motul 7100 here but my intention is to bring it 1L at a time to avoid suspicious airport X ray images and possible problems. And to be honest if this oil is deemed ok then I will run with it for now rather than waste money.
Thanks Guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nobody dares answer because of fear of starting hell I guess. lol
I don`t know that oil. But to keep it simple;
You must read the label and compare the API and JASO classification to your bikes manual. If it matches you can use it. That`s why we have the classifications. If it`s not specified on the label (bad) or if it is below, you should not use it.
In general I wouldn`t use anything lower than SM anyway, but that`s just me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to OPIE oils in UK who are pretty much experts on all things "oil" he basically said its nothing special but has a full comprehensive data sheet which conforms to the spec I need.
Only down side is that it doesnt meet ANY standards which could be for a legitimate reason EG it doesnt need to where its sold so why would the company waste money etc but to be on the safe side I will take my Motul 7100 back to the Philippines with me when I finish work on Sunday.
Just to clarify about the cost, what I meant was that Motul in PH cost 3-4 times more than motul 7100 costs everywhere else on the planet!! Crazy I know!
So you are looking at 160-175 US Dollars per oil change

·
Registered
219 Posts
It doesn`t need to meet all standard listed in the manual, only one of them. The later/higher the better. Each grade contains the properties of the lover grades. If it`s not tested and certified it only means that the manufacturer claims it conforms. I can do that too :wink2: And it may or may not actually conform, that`s up to the consumer to trust.

Anyway, that is crazy for the 7100. Even 1,5-2 times higher than in Norway.

Edit:
Sorry, I misread your last post, so disregard my first sentence. I would not use it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn`t need to meet all standard listed in the manual, only one of them. The later/higher the better. Each grade contains the properties of the lover grades. If it`s not tested and certified it only means that the manufacturer claims it conforms. I can do that too :wink2: And it may or may not actually conform, that`s up to the consumer to trust.

Anyway, that is crazy for the 7100. Even 1,5-2 times higher than in Norway.

Edit:
Sorry, I misread your last post, so disregard my first sentence. I would not use it.
no worries, I got what you meant.

Well as I work in UK I can get the 7100 while I`m here for around $60 so my only challenge is not having it taken by some jobs-worth who is scanning suitcases ;)
P.S You should see how much they charge for genuine bluray disks over there!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
no worries, I got what you meant.

Well as I work in UK I can get the 7100 while I`m here for around $60 so my only challenge is not having it taken by some jobs-worth who is scanning suitcases ;)
P.S You should see how much they charge for genuine bluray disks over there!!!!

Lol! Welcome to the Philippines...make sure you have no bullets in your "boxes" or suitcases.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Any 15w40 diesel oil will work. I’ve used 7 different ones and NEVER used motorcycle specific oil since 2003 with all my bikes. Use what you believe in bro, oil is like religion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts