Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i think i got the wrong oil filter it is a fram code 7317, it is the exact same diameter but it is an inch taller then the Hiflo one's Ive always used, just curious to know if anybody knows for a fact that it will work with no issues or if i should just get the right one!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7317 is the code for all the filters of that size it just depends on the first two digits
supertech-ST7317
fram-PH7317
toughguard-TG7317
Highmilage-HM7317
etc...

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
ahh got ya.. Id stick with the correct size just to be on the safe side but if you do get one thats longer/ id think you might need to add a little more oil ? right up to the line on the sight glass... im running a AMSOIL filter now on my bike, it will last all season long .... oh also im just not a fan of Fram filters after some of the stories ive read on them...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Too funny!!! I just returned my fram motocycle filter a few minutes ago. I remember reading bad things about fram filters. I verified it with my friends and they told me to return it and get a better filter. The frams were colapsing internally taking out motors. NOT GOOD!!! Even a member of this forum complained about blowing their motor up. To top that the lady at the auto parts store was explaining that the purolator was 3x better than the fram and she went to explaining how much better the puro filtered. Go with the pur plus so you wont have any second thoughts in the back of your head or a lighter wallet because of a blown motor. Heck the pur plus was cheaper i believe.:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah but also if you do some searching on here about filters you will find that there was someone who got a reply from Purolator and it was said that you should not be using car filters on motorcycles.... but i know there are lots of people who run them and have had no problems... and I would do the same hell the walmart SuperTechs are better than them damn Fram filters I would not and will never use a fram filter on anything i own LOL...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
enough said im taking it back right now, i dont like even the smallest idea that i could have a problem...hey dirt ninja where do you get purolator filters?

·
Registered
328 Posts
you can pick them up at autozone. i use the supertech filter from walmart. it's only 2 dollars and has been tested and tested and tested and tested and nobody can find anything wrong with it. ranks with mobil and purolator every test "they" do! and at a third the price, i stock up!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
enough said im taking it back right now, i dont like even the smallest idea that i could have a problem...hey dirt ninja where do you get purolator filters?
Most all autoparts store have them. I went to discount auto parts/advanced auto parts. Im sure any auto store will have them. I got the purolator plus because the manager told me they were built better (internals) and filtered 99.9 percent. regualar pur's were 97%. Six bucks for the plus and 4 something for the regular. Ive ran the supertechs (made by champion) as well with no problem. I just dont recomend fram.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Walmart supertech 7317. I've been using them on all my Kawi's and Yami's since 02. FUCK FRAM.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Walmart supertech 7317. I've been using them on all my Kawi's and Yami's since 02. FUCK FRAM.
supertech and mobile filters are both made by champion, I have been using the supertech on my last 5 bikes with no problems

1 - 12 of 12 Posts