Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK retard here (me) is woundern if there is a filter that is a little longer than the stock one that will let me put in a little more oil in2 the bike. What u all using for filters? I gotta 07.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
On the previous model, the Purolator PureOne PL14610 is a little longer than stock but still fits in the bike. Dunno about the 06-07 but methinks it uses the same oil filter. It'll only cost you 6 bucks to give it a go.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm still trying to find out a way to change my oil filter without getting oil all over the header. What tricks do you guys do to stop this, or is it just something that is going to happen?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Why you concerned about putting more oil in the bike?
Can understand it. More oil... longer between cycles, more time to disipate heat, and if you really wanted to, longer service intervals

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
This I know, but there is not alot more oil you can get in say a longer filter to reap the benefits you just mentioned.
No true, but a bit here, a bit there.

·
Registered
236 Posts
To keep oil off the headers we use the 12 x 18" hospital absorbant clothes. I don't have them handy or I would give you the real name of them. Just slide it in between the header and motor. They are cotton like on one side and fluid proof blue on the back. Any medical supply store, local or online, has them. They are dirt cheap too. I think I gave like $10(USD) for 30 of them. They are handy to put under anything leaking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
by putting in extra oil you're eliminating a small volume of air space that is used for crankcase gases. putting in too much oil could result in blow back into your air box. use a good oil at the proper levels and you should have no problems. good luck and rubberside down

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[QUOTEWhy you concerned about putting more oil in the bike?[/QUOTE]

Cuz there is just a little bit of oil leftover in the last quart I just hate 2 thorw out....:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Dude, have you seen the way these bikes are engineered to the absolute max?

Me, I'm not changing anything like the filter size or the amount of oil added.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
No true, but a bit here, a bit there.
True to a point.:thumbsup:

[QUOTEWhy you concerned about putting more oil in the bike?

Cuz there is just a little bit of oil leftover in the last quart I just hate 2 thorw out....:badteeth:[/QUOTE]

:lol: Just keep it till the next oil change and eventually you build up to a usable quantity.:idea:

Dude, have you seen the way these bikes are engineered to the absolute max?

Me, I'm not changing anything like the filter size or the amount of oil added.
:+1:

I put the Honda´s 1000RR filter. Is longer than stock and fits OK. But I don´t consider the extra oil qty to be significant.
Careful fitting a Honda filter, could hinder the ZX10R performance. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts