Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching first but can't find it, what is the oil filter p/n for the the 06 ZX-10R ?
Is the number the same from 04 up ?

Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
The stock filter? Did you try www.buykawasaki.com and look at the parts diagrams? They list the stock number as 16097-0004, which replaces some of the older model numbers.

The Purolator x-reference numbers are 14610 (short) and 14612 (long) if you want to use one of those.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks I was looking for anything, I wanted a number to cross so I could buy a Mobil 1 or wix filter.

btw for future searching purposes, this crossed to a Mobil 1 ( M1-110 )

Thanks again..

Jamie

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mobil 1 M1-110 is the long version like the Purolator, I just finished the oil change and its about an inch or so longer than my stock filter was.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Since most people have a Wal-mart near by the Fram # is PH 6607. The hard part is getting the filter off when you don't have a good filter wrench. I'm going to try a swivel handle stainless steel band type filter wrench that fits 57-65mm filters. I'm pretty sure that will work. These filters are supposed to be torqued to 23 ftlb.

Just my $.02

Papa...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Purolator Pure One PL14610(which is the longer one) and PL14612 which is the normal size our bikes use. Alot of guys on here say to use the longer one because its longer. Most seem to think bigger = better, to each his own, but I think the more volume in your oil filter can reduce your oil pressure, which may have some adverse affects on your motor at higher RPM.
Either way the Pure One filter is a great filter. There was a link to an Oil filter review floating around here not to long ago and the Pure One scored really well.:beer:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Purolator Pure One PL14610(which is the longer one) and PL14612 which is the normal size our bikes use. Alot of guys on here say to use the longer one because its longer. Most seem to think bigger = better, to each his own, but I think the more volume in your oil filter can reduce your oil pressure, which may have some adverse affects on your motor at higher RPM.
Either way the Pure One filter is a great filter. There was a link to an Oil filter review floating around here not to long ago and the Pure One scored really well.:beer:
Yea...the Pure One 10 is the longer one...Will never dive into the oil preasure thing, however Pure One is at the top of the list.

This is just one of them.http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Filters.html#OilFilters:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts