Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for my Gen 2, the torque spec for the oil filter is 23 ft/lbs per the manual. I'm thinking, holy shit, dad always said hand tight. What is everyone else doing?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Hand tight. As in, screw it down until the o-ring bottoms out and then 3/4 of a turn more - with your hand. That basically equates to about 10-15ft-lbs on the filter which is more than fine.

Reactions: belkins

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
I go hand tight to best then an inch or so tweak with the wrench. Start and check.
Oh please. We all know that you don't change the oil, let alone the filter. I'm not even sure if you could point out on the bike where the filter is. :wink: :hello:

Reactions: LDH

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
Oh please. We all know that you don't change the oil, let alone the filter. I'm not even sure if you could point out on the bike where the filter is. :wink: :hello:
lol, yeah, I really don't change to oil enough to remember what I do!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
So scout is handing out advice on oil changes :rolleyes: lol

It's pretty fitting isn't it? I mean, if Donald and Hillary are on the ticket, scout giving oil advice only completes the insanity.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Hand tight. Never had a problem in many miles thankfully. Just get it on there and the tighten it to "hoshaucbskan" tight. Should be good. Lol. As for scout and his oil change intervals, lol, theyre the same as bike change intervals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts