Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ichanged the oil in my 04 zx-10 and I just put on the full akra ti exhaust and I went to drain the oil and change the filter and it came down to me having to take off the left side headers,just to be able to get at the filter..(which is not fun with the radiator in the way)is this just something I'm going to have to deal with ? If so ill let the local shop change my oil for now on lol to save the headache

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
well I have a full akra on a 05 and i didnt have to do that. I have a K&N filter which has the nut on the end so I just use a 8 or 10mm (i dont remember) socket with a 6inch extension. DONE AND DONE K&N FTW

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may go with a k&n next time if that's so I have been running "hiflo" filters and there's just not a good way to grab onto it with filter pliers

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
dont use filter pliers. use the special oil filter wrench they sell at the dealer. It fits 99% of spin-on powersports filters. Or get the K&N filters with the bolt head.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Just get a Scotts lifetime filter....they're made from surgical steel and are completely re-useable. had one on my old gixxer 750 and loved it!!! just like the K&N BUT you only buy it once...even though i paid right at $100 for it!!!!!! ( I need to look into getting one for my 10 now!) if not then the filter pliers like photodigm1 showed is the way to go!!

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Just get a Scotts lifetime filter....they're made from surgical steel and are completely re-useable. had one on my old gixxer 750 and loved it!!! just like the K&N BUT you only buy it once...even though i paid right at $100 for it!!!!!! ( I need to look into getting one for my 10 now!) if not then the filter pliers like photodigm1 showed is the way to go!!
you still have to take the filter off and clean it dont ya? so you would still need the filter wrench :idea:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
you still have to take the filter off and clean it dont ya? so you would still need the filter wrench :idea:
I think it has the hex head like the KN but i'm not sure.....:dontknow: (don't think they do) but i still suggested the wrench. and you can clean them every other or every few changes instead of everytime. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts