Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just did my second oil change. But this time i bought, for the first time, a Hiflo aftermarket filter. Anyone got any experience with Hiflo? Bought this at at another dealer cause my usual dealer was out.
Is this a good filter?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
238 Posts
They are OK. A test a saw a while back they came 2nd after Mobil.
HiFlo manfacture the oilfilters for KN.

In other words, KN filters is a HiFlo filter with a welded nut on top.

I've used them for a couple of years without any problems.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Only prob is there are only a couple of co's making filters for the bikes. I have found the K&N as others have and the factory one. I hear people say the purolator brand, but have never seen them or used them before. I though that brand was from the ford co.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i use the pureolater pure one, its a solid blue filter with a silver label on it, comes in a silver box, model 4610 or 4612, one is like a 1/2" longer than the other both work, and i have heard, and read they are the best overall filter etc., fuck that stupid nut on the K&N anyways. I get mine at autozone and buy everyone they have when i go to the store, have 2 sitting in the garage.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Yeah, I have been using the 14612, too. The Autozones around hear don't carry them but a new chain called Advantage does.

If you can't find them the cheap ass generic filter from WalMart ST7317 rated pretty well, two bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts