Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im gonna start doing my own oil changes on my 08 and was wondering what tool you guys use to get the filter off, it looks like its in a spot thats hard to get to with a normal filter wrench for a car filter.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
try searching for a DIY post...i remembered him using foil so the oil doesnt get onto the headers....but i use an adjustible wrench that can expend wide enough to fit the bottom of the fliter and of course its a 17mm wrench for the drain bolt. (if i remember right...)

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
I don't know the position of the oil filter on the 08 but I will say use gorilla hands if you can't get a tool in there. If all else fails, you can always poke a screwdriver through it and twist. I wouldn't recommend it though. If it's a PITA to take off, start using K&N filters b/c they have a nut welded on it so you can just take it off with a wrench!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know the position of the oil filter on the 08 but I will say use gorilla hands if you can't get a tool in there. If all else fails, you can always poke a screwdriver through it and twist. I wouldn't recommend it though. If it's a PITA to take off, start using K&N filters b/c they have a nut welded on it so you can just take it off with a wrench!
A screwdriver is exactly what I had to use :crackup:. I wouldn't say that it's the prefered method but it beats paying over $100.00 for someone else to do it. Even using the screwdriver wasn't easy because you have limited space to tap on it with a mallet or hammer. Either way it's a pain in the ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts