Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,381 Posts
I know I have seen this about a million times on many threads, but for the life of me, I can't find it, or remember what the answer was. I found the thread about the different oil filters, so I'm covered there, but what oil can I use instead of the oem crap at $30 a gallon.

And before you guys have the synth war pissing contest, I mean non-synth.

And if I was going to switch my bikes up to synth, is it really the soaking the cluth disaster the dealer is making it out to be, or is it just change out the oil and have a nice day??

I only use Motul 300v full synthetic in all my toys. ZX10R, KX450F, KX250F, Pit bike... hell, I put it even in my pressure washer engine:lol:
Seriously, best oil money can buy IMO.

P.S.
-I have never taken a clutch out to soak it because of switching oil.
-I only soak brand new clutch plates in oil BEFORE installing them in the bike.
-I switched to the synthetic after the break in period.
-I change it every 3000kms

· Registered
1,381 Posts
jeez how mcuh does that cost you?
Its expensive... but its the best and I can see it when I rebuild the dirt bike engines. Even in the Pressure washer 13hp engine... when I use cheap oil, I have to change it very often, it seems to break down faster and go dark quickly. The 300V systhetic has a green colour and even after 3000Kms in the bike, or a season with the pressure washer engine, the oil almost looks like it did when I put it is. Also, I notice that the motul oil sticks to my fingers allot more than normal oil.... seems like it coats the moving parts better.

I wont argue over what oil to use...they all work, but I found the oil that I find works best, and I am using it in ALL my expensive toys including our race MX bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.