Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23,477 Posts
yeah that Motul oil is very green in color but there is the Motul 5100 10W40 that is clear in color I found it on a different site.... im wondering what that looks like when ya drain it after you change the oil once, then add it again so alot of the old dark oil is drained out...
I use that same Oil 5100....as far as what it looks like....well just like any other oil drain like when you drain a car....BLACK. :lol:

Why do I use it? :dontknow: ...just know I never had problems with it and my bike is in Very good health with about 25k miles and still runs very strong. I even bought a 4 Quart Container the other day from a small and friendly Motorcycle Store for ONLY $30.....I also paid as much as $10 per Quart from the Dealer. :badteeth:

· Registered
23,477 Posts
yeah i wondered about the clear oil going in and how it looked comming out LOL... I might try some of that oil.. ive been a huge fan of AMSOIL but kinda thinking of changing it up some...
Well I also use the Motul 5100 10W-40 because I live in Cali....I don't think I need that thicker stuff but admit I am not an Oil expert by any means so if someone thinks there is a better reason for me to switch I will listen but as far as I know the 10w-40 for my climate and racing style (drag strip) is the best weight.

bloo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.