Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I have an Elka rear and 30 mm Ohlins cartridges in the front. Huge difference for both. I ride on the street and track. Elka has external adjustments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have an Elka rear and 30 mm Ohlins cartridges in the front. Huge difference for both. I ride on the street and track. Elka has external adjustments
Elka is good stuff. I have an Elka on a track Zx6r bike and it works great. I have TTX shocks on other bikes and I cannot tell the difference. I run mid to front of the fast group at track day events.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Ohlins don't sponsor people yet nearly every top end competitive team run there products by choice, says allot to me.

A very valid and often overlooked point about how good Ohlins is.

Most other suspension brands will just give their suspension and service contracts away to any Pro rider that is willing to run their product just to say they have Pro riders using their stuff. Even Rossi pays for his Ohlins...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Suspension today is all very good. You really can't go wrong with any on the market. What it all comes down to is:

a) Will you be doing your own service or will a shop?
b) Will you be making your own setup changes or will a suspension person you hire?
c) What's your budget?

If you will doing the work primarily yourself on maintenance and setup, then you can get whatever is right for your budget. If you will be letting someone else work on on your stuff, I'd suggest going with the most common/commonly known so you have the largest knowledge pool you can pull from.

At my trackdays and races, most people I know have Ohlins. Plus my suspension guy tends to work most with Ohlins. So when you ride up with Ohlins, it's a few turns and you're off and riding. Also in a crash - I can swap parts with others more easily and get it dialed close to what I had with little or no guess work.

Just to not show favoritism, on my Blackbird I have Ohlins internals up front, Penske rear and on my wife's bike is on Elka :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts