Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
OK. I own 2 of these for my race bikes. How would a guy go about finding out what the model number is? I'm going to have to look into it I guess

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yes it is the Fuji Nut on the end of the shaft that needs to be checked.

It's a pretty quick procedure in spite of the fact it requires almost 100% take-down of the shock body. It is not part of the re-valve procedure we do for changing the valve spec to work with linear race linkages so even if you have had a re-valve done you will still need to send any affected units in for the service.

Your Shock Part Number (KA340X) and the Serial Number are both stamped on the head of the shock on opposite sides.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The Ohlins damper bracket recall was quite awhile ago and it was only for aftermarket 2 piece damper kits where the damper body was separate from the clamp that holds it. The OEM damper is a one piece unit not affected by the recall

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Ohlins damper bracket recall was quite awhile ago and it was only for aftermarket 2 piece damper kits where the damper body was separate from the clamp that holds it. The OEM damper is a one piece unit not affected by the recall
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
263 Posts
anyone by chance get theirs fixed or dealt with yet? I went and checked mine and it is one of the ones affected in this recall. Not too thrilled considering its just another thing to deal with before getting back on 2 wheels this season.

Although after this is all said and done Ill know that ive got great rear suspension on my bike (at least it damn well should after all this).

·
Registered
462 Posts
A geeze this is not good. This is so not good. Have races in less than a month and my shock seems to be effected by this issue.
Just spent some good coin and patiently waited all winter for some of the Corndog's precious time to get the correct valving, spring and set-up.

LDH, do you think sending my brand new and freshly valved shock in for this recall will effect any of the settings/set-up/valving that my tuner (Corndog) has just finished doing the work on?

I'm trying to get a hold of him and find out if I can just pay him to do the same fix that the recall entails to avoid any possibility of them messing up his work.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Record your settings so you can easily put them back to where they are before you send it in for service. The valving spec will not be altered during the recall work, but the valves will be opened all the way during the vacuum bleeding and pressurization process.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts