Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I figured i'd ask the experts here before I try to figure out who to call for this. Ok I got a gen 2 with a Ohlins TTX out back, but I need to add more preload to the shock. The problem is I've maxed out the adjustment in the hydraulic adjuster. how do I move the hydraulic preload adjuster down to get more preload out of the shock? there are threads on the body of the shock and the adjuster is all the way at the top, so i got the threads to move it down if I can figure out how. I don't see the locking type rings that are on the stock shock on the TTX. should I just take it off and turn the adjuster to see if it goes down or is there some rings that I need to loosen first?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
One of the set up issues with the TTX from what I've heard. If you can't get it in the preload range I think the shock has to be disassembled and put in the proper adjustment range. One of the major reasons I went with the 46PRXLS series.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I tried it this afternoon after work, with the suggestions from everyone, and I cant move it down without removing the hydraulic line that feeds preload adjuster so I guess its gonna have to go back and get moved or loss weight. I bought it new and it was set up for me, but I put on about 50 lbs. I need to lose the 50 lbs so I guess it will be motivation to lose the weight I put on. Thank you everyone for your input and help it is greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts